Bluetooth hands free calling and music for us base car guys

scotty

forum member
Reaction score
Ok I have a base 2012GT and shortly after buying it I realized I wanted the sync stuff but didn’t want to spend that much money at the dealer to have them put it in.

Last week I was looking around for some type of Bluetooth kit and came across this Crux interface part# BEEBF-24. These go for $154-$190 on ebay.

It comes with the interface box, ford plug and play harness and the mic.
This is only a 15-20 install max. This is a simple no spicing install!! It will probably take you longer to read this than the actual install LOL!!

I have a Boss steering wheel on my car and was hoping that this would make the steering wheel controls work on the radio. Unfortunately it does not, but they do control the phone options. Volume up and down, answer/disconnect calls. I have a IPhone and this will control the voice prompts to make calls and start your play list.

This is the install on a 2012GT base.( I’m sure this kit will work on all mustangs 05-13)
Sorry for the crappy IPhone pic’s and I didn’t get real detailed pic’s but this is a simple install and for the most part self-explanatory

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_6877.jpg

To install start with unscrewing your shift knob ( have never pulled an auto assembly so I’m not sure how it comes off.)
Pop of center console up and unplug the switch (haz/traction control/ truck release) set the console aside.

Take a 9/32 nut driver and take the lower screws out of the radio face. Pull the face out(it just pops out) and unplug it. Set aside.

IMG_5941.jpg

Now take the 9/32 nut driver an take the 4 screws out of holding the radio in. Unplug the harness and ant.

IMG_7468.jpg

Take the harness from the kit make sure that the smaller two wire and one wire plugs that are on the harness are unplugged. There is one open wire just tape it up.
See pic’s

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_4950.jpg

IMG_5513.jpg

Plug the harness into the interface(there will be one plug in on the interface unused). Put the mic where you want it. I put mine between the map lights and mirror. It works great here. Tuck the wire in the head liner pull the driver a pillar down, you do not have to pull it off just down enough to put the wire behind it. I was able to drop the wire through the opening between the dash and pillar. You can reach up and grab the mic wire and pull It through. Snap the pillar back. Be careful and don’t catch the mic wire on the clips. Run the wire how you want under the dash over to the radio area and plug it into this 3 wire plug.

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_9768.jpg

Plug the harness into the car and into the radio. Plug the ant. back up. Reinstall the radio and tuck the interface box and wires under it. Reinstall the radio face plate, console and you are ready to pair your phone. It talks to you tells you when paired and who’s calling.

IMG_7672.jpg

I’m still figuring out how everything works. I just installed last night

This is what I found out so far on the radio to answer/hang up a call push the phone button. To activate the voice prompt push the power button twice.

On the steering wheel (I have a Boss wheel. I’m sure the premium and GT500 wheel works the same and answer with the phone button).
The volume turns the Bluetooth volume up and down.
Use the seek up button to answer call and seek up to hang up. When listing to music on through the phone to scroll up and down with the seek buttons.
To activate the voice prompt push and hold the music button.

IMG_4851.jpg

So far I really like it. Talking on it everyone sounds clear and can hear me great.
I’ve got focal door and rear deck speakers, but I’m sure the stockers will sound fine.

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
Nice install man, wish i would have done 1 in my car instead of going through the AUX jack LOL!!

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
On the description it says that audio streaming can only be heard through the front speakers? That's a deal breaker if that's the case.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back