BMR K-Member and A-Arms on Road Courses?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I decided to stick with the OEM K-member and A-arms on my GT until an equally strong, but lighter aftermarket version arrives; preferably from BMR that I use on my suspension. Turning my attention to lighter wheels (CCW or Forgeline) and 305 tire square setup (same overall weight to my current OEM GT500 wheels with 275 square). I accept the weight.... it is what it is. After driving a heavily prepped Corvette C5 for 10 years that weighed 500 lbs. less (I got a little spoiled). Having an awesome time with my prepped GT!! Consistently turning 1:25 on the Summit Point Main circuit and achieved a personal best last Sunday at 1:24.7. Who knew it would be so much fun passing Porsches and Corvettes? lol

You coming out to the MCOM Mountain Cruise on 22 October?

DevGittinJr

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
*The only other issues I have seen with customers using our K-Members are the rear mounts caving in the floorpans. That area of the stock chassis is not very strong, so this is something that I think is more common than most know.

Specifically for this reason, Shelby offered plates that weld to the floorpans, between them and the rear k-member mounts. The plates also weld to the sfc's. They seem to be keeping the floorpans straight so far. IMO, with the chassis brace, the BMR k-member seems to add stiffness up front (i.e. it takes a set quicker).

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1645.jpg
    IMG_1645.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0990.jpg
    IMG_0990.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 25

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Hell I could slap a set of those together at work. Seems pretty simple, cut it out and grab a break to bend the edges over.

06Coyote

Reaction score
Can you cut me a set too. Let me know how much you need me to send you.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back