BMR Launches New Product - 2011 Mustang Upper Control Arm Mount (UCM002)

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
BMR Suspension

Upper Control Arm Mount for the 2011 Mustang

Stabilize the upper control arm in your 2011 Mustang with an Upper Control Arm Mount from BMR Suspension. Superior to the factory 1/8” stamped steel mount, the BMR mount is constructed from heavy duty 1/4” CNC laser cut steel plates and features dual mounting holes for adjusting instant center. The BMR Upper Control Arm Mount (UCM002) improves launch consistency and increases weight transfer under aggressive driving conditions. Installation time is only 2-3 hours. Available in black hammertone or red powdercoat.

To preview all of BMR’s high-performance suspension parts, please visit www.bmrsuspension.com, email [email protected], or contact them at BMR Suspension, 12581 US Highway 301 North, Thonotosassa, FL 33592, 813-986-9302, Fax: 813-986-8055.

UCM002_large.jpg

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How about adding some tech value please.

How about a brief explanation of what makes the 11+ UCA and mount different from previous years, and perhaps any benefits of using the 11+ specific parts as opposed to an older UCA and mount.

Work with us here.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Superior to the factory 1/8” stamped steel mount, the BMR mount is constructed from heavy duty 1/4” CNC laser cut steel plates and features dual mounting holes for adjusting instant center. The BMR Upper Control Arm Mount (UCM002) improves launch consistency and increases weight transfer under aggressive driving conditions.

*Be advised, this Upper Control Arm Mount is designed specifically for the 2011 Mustang, and will not work with 2005-2010 Mustang Upper Control Arms. This Upper Control Arm is not intended for use on 2005-2010 Mustangs. 2011+ Mustangs feature a "specific" redesigned Upper Control Arm (which we offer UTCA032/UTCA030), and Mount...compared to the 2005-2010 Mustangs.

Last edited:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Before this 2011 specific UCA and mount were released, the only option was to run a '05-'10 UCA.

In order to run the '05-'10 UCA it was necessary to run the '05-'10 mount because the "arm" of the UCA is longer on the '11+ cars.

Now you guys have released a 2011 specific UCA and mount that are utilizing a longer "arm" on the UCA.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Have you guys noticed any difference in running this "new" set of UCA and mount vs running an "older" set?

I'd think you'd have too, otherwise why would Ford create the longer arm, and why would companies as yourself invest the additional costs of creating these as opposed to simply selling the "older" UCA and mentioning the need for an "older" mount as well.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Before this 2011 specific UCA and mount were released, the only option was to run a '05-'10 UCA.

In order to run the '05-'10 UCA it was necessary to run the '05-'10 mount because the "arm" of the UCA is longer on the '11+ cars.

Now you guys have released a 2011 specific UCA and mount that are utilizing a longer "arm" on the UCA.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Have you guys noticed any difference in running this "new" set of UCA and mount vs running an "older" set?

I'd think you'd have too, otherwise why would Ford create the longer arm, and why would companies as yourself invest the additional costs of creating these as opposed to simply selling the "older" UCA and mentioning the need for an "older" mount as well.

Very good question you have asked! I am impressed!

A simple answer, without getting too involved.

The longer the control arms, the better stability. Shorter control arms will lead to more radical movement of the axle housing, causing binding, harshness, excessive wheel hop etc.

A longer arm will ensure less frontward movement during suspension travel.

The more stability, the better the car will perform (traction, wheel hop, cornering, you name it)

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer!

This is some good tech info regarding the new UCA.

I had asked the sane question when you guys announced the UCA, but I think it was overlooked.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
And just to clarify, the 2005-2010 "Specific" Mount cannot be used.

A few companies were making a specific modified mount to utilize the 2005-2010 Upper Control Arm. I call that a temporary fix.

We decided against that, as we know Ford has their reasoning behind substantial design changes, especially suspension components.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Since the 2011+ UCA design is superior, can a 2011 mount and UCA be used in an 05-10?

Without modification, it cannot be used.

We are putting some thought into offering this, but we do not know if it would be a popular choice.

Thanks!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back