Brembo rebuild with pictures

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
They're actually Ford GT calipers. Which are also Aston Martin calipers. You can see the Aston "Wings" cast into them. They're a really nice monoblock caliper. I've been trying to get my hands on the brackets needed to run them on an S197, but nobody will sell them separate from the kit.

Ahh so thats what these wings were for. I thought it was just another logo for brembo. Thanks a lot for the info! Yea these are really monoblock calipers. Not two peice bolted together like some other brembos are. I can post some pictures of the bracket if you want. Looks like it can be easily made from machine shop.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Finally installed. I was gonna install extended studs with them but with my little hammer, it wasn't happening. So here are some pictures.
** I noticed that the brake fluid was eating up the clear coat. Glossy coat is now kinda dull where it got some fluid. So yea... VHT high temp caliper paint/engine paint aren't really brake fluid resistance even after proper curing. If you wanna do it right, I guess powder coating is the only way. I'm not getting any fluid leak so this will be ok for now.

No more ricer shit.
13521744423_4ac142163c_z.jpg

14" rotors and brembos fit nicely behind 18" SVEs.
Burnt copper stands out nicely but not too flashy.
13521975194_cab0d48081_z.jpg

13521981044_afdb7c4545_z.jpg

mitch

HPDE Instructor
Reaction score
Really nice job!!
I'm sorry you got hosed on the rebuild kit though.
I happen to live near a large brake re-manufacturer. I was able to pick up all the parts to rebuild mine for about 35 bucks, boots, o rings, everything. Finding part#'s is very hard since there are so many different types of brembos. You almost have to just match them up.
Again, great job! Looks great.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yea the $120 rebuilding kit is just ridiculous. I think if I had done more research I could probably find them for much cheaper but I was impatient because I really wanted to get these thing done and installed.
Paint and clear coat is holding up really well so far. We have had snow, more salts on the road since I put these on but it still looks good as new.

13808239114_ee594cf556_b.jpg

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that came out looking very good!

:cheers:

Well done

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to do mine. I am ordering the paint and goodies soon. It'll be paint matched to my car color.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Bump - I would like to get some rattle cans mixed up that match the proprietary Bullitt dark grey of my calipers, since I'm going to try to install new (currently silver) brackets and go to the 2011+ front rotor diameter. The Calipers look all right, but I may as well refinish them during the process.

Would the paint an autobody supply shop put in a rattle can work? I believe the factory calipers are painted with the exact same paint as the wheels. I can even get a small amount of paint made and then put it on with a gun. I'm sure this would be cheaper than VHT.

Even if nobody has done this, I may experiment. Thanks for any info.

dmfracer

Reaction score
Ford Brembo F50 style caliper brackets.

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/381575984150

They're actually Ford GT calipers. Which are also Aston Martin calipers. You can see the Aston "Wings" cast into them. They're a really nice monoblock caliper. I've been trying to get my hands on the brackets needed to run them on an S197, but nobody will sell them separate from the kit.

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score

They are actually 1998-up Porsche 996 Calipers. Aston reuses the NOS from the same manufacturer.

Attachments

• 996 calipers.jpg
    996 calipers.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

RJdude3

Reaction score
How has the paint been holding up on your calipers over time? I recently got a used set of brembo's and I'm thinking about doing the same thing.

That color looks amazing by the way. Great job!

doctorpimp

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the write-up and for posting pics.
I still have to rebuild mine. I did get the seal kits from Amazon though for $35 each.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back