Burn out blues

matt texass

Reaction score
Heres the deal, tonight i went to the track to test and see what my baby would do n/a before I spray her. Right now mods consist of 3:73, c&l intake JBA l/t's bmr lca and relocation brackets, spyder shaft, and che panhard bar. Best last year was a 13 flat on street tires and this was without l/t's and d/s. Tonight I was on m/t dr's 12 psi. ( I have an automatic). For the life of me I could not do a burn out i kept gettin sideways like it was no ones business..... the tires spun but due to the sideways ness i didnt heat them up enough. The water box really wasnt a water box it was more like water spread randomly. But at 2500 power brake I got side ways quick and chirped the 60 foot ( other than that it pulled beautifully). Any opinions on what else could be done I had absolutley 0 traction. So i dont even know if I'm gonna spray now. I know that the track prep was shit but I can only imagine what it would have done spraying outa the hole. Just venting and asking what yall think I'm really pissed. O best run of the night was 13.4 at 105 best 60 foot was 2.3

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Matt, at Temple you need to ask them to add water to the water box. The huge drum in-between the staging lanes when you pull up is filled with water and a pitcher. Signal for one of the staff members to dump more water and they will. On test & tune nights like tonight, they don't dump water very often because there are so many cars running street tires. Get them wet and I guarantee you won't have a problem getting a good burnout.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I think Clay is right on this one. I have a stick and I have the same problem if the tires arn't really wet. I'll actually let em' spin 2 or 3 times in the water before I pull out of the box to make sure the whole tread is wet all the way around.

Due you have a locker? If you are still running limited slip, one tire might be spinning faster that the other, causing you to drift toward the faster rotating side. In that case the ass-end kicks out toward the driver's side every time.

fin1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
After the failing to get the attention of the staff, I've even exited the car before I rolled into the water box to add water to my own box. Some of the staff don't understand the concept of keeping the box wet and that water does in fact evaporate in the summer heat.

Also, give the tires a quick spin IN the water before you roll out of the box and start your burnout.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Time for a line-lock to make it easier on you and your car. I have to heat up the M&H's pretty good also before they work their best, and I had the exact same problem you have now. Line-lock fixed all that.

matt texass

Reaction score
thanx guys........... ya the guy that was doin the track prep was an ass when we asked him to put water down he was like ive been doin track prep for 20 years he'll be fine. I was jsut really down last

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back