CAI Tunes?

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
5Spd07GT, I can give you a testimony for JDM

I went there last Monday the 8th, I have an '06 GT, auto, FRPP CAI w/ Saleen inlet tube, and Steeda UDP's, thats it, I'm NA also, Jim gave me a great tune, my car runs like an animal! 301 HP, 316 TQ , auto trans feels great!

My car never ran this good, and the fellas at JDM are top notch, highly recommended!!!

BTW Get the 93 tune, and don't look back, forget 87, its worth it

Amen brother.
GRAY, come down to the shop. We get a lot of comments about how Jim Sr. doesn't charge enough for his tunes.

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If i lived in NJ I would trot on over and have you dyno the canned tune that now have and then dyno a canned tune from Jim and I would bet there would be 3 HP difference. Not trying to get into a pissing contest here but canned tunes are pretty much canned tunes.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Shoot, for that matter you might only get 5-7 more rwhp with a custum dyno tune compared to a canned tune. Esp. if you are dealing with the same tech on the canned tune as the dyno tune.

The main gains with a custom dyno tune are going to be related to AFR with reduced risk of damage at those same numbers and safer timing...

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Spanish Oak makes the OS in your car. It is an adaptive tuning system. It takes readings from a few dozen sensors and dials the car's fuel and timing as close to what you command it to do. You typically tune the engine because most CAI kits are allowing a lot more air to enter the motor, not because of the temp of the air. My stock intake flowed about 550 cfms. My C&L flows 1000+ cfms.

100 degrees of temp change (winter to summer) are enough to see the car vary in performance due to the slight change in air density, but not so much as to require a new tune. The system is smart enough to know that when the air temp drops it gets more dense. So it adds more gas to keep the AFR correct.

Respectively, the air intake temps on a stock NA car are around 115 to 125 at WOT depending on the under-hood temps on an 85 deg day. When you add a cold air intake you see temps in the mid to high 90's on our cars (NA) on that same 85 deg day. The shaker simply drops the air temp a few deg compared to exclusively processing under hood air. So, tuning is not needed for the Shaker since it is affecting temps, not CFMs.

Last edited:

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
If i lived in NJ I would trot on over and have you dyno the canned tune that now have and then dyno a canned tune from Jim and I would bet there would be 3 HP difference. Not trying to get into a pissing contest here but canned tunes are pretty much canned tunes.

I agree. Then again, how much realistically can be gotten out of a 3V GT with just an intake on it on pump gas?

We once did a fully built auto saleen blown car over 600 at the tire in dubai on 95 octane pump via mail order. I would be real interested to know what the difference between a mail order tune versus a custom dyno tune from Jim Sr. would be like on that car.

FYI:

dyno tune - just that, done on dyno

canned tune - downloaded off sct's website...generic mustang gt + cold air intake tune, not specific to what type of intake, other modifications, etc.

mail order tune - ordered over phone/internet/mail - a custom tune made for the specific car and modifications although the vehicle is not at the facility

there is a world of difference between a canned tune and a mail order tune

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
and one day, they will have a mail order tune for the Saleen Shaker too!

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You are correct. BIG difference between a canned tune and a mail order tune. My mail order tune was $75 bucks and that's what prompted my questioning the value of the $180 JDM tune.

WELLS

forum member
Reaction score
whered you get your 75$ tune. And what should a person who lives in a city (Kansas City) where 93 octane gas is unavailable. 91 octane is the highest ocatane we can get here.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
whered you get your 75$ tune. And what should a person who lives in a city (Kansas City) where 93 octane gas is unavailable. 91 octane is the highest ocatane we can get here.

and even your 91 octane is shit. I go to Kansas pretty frequently and I hate that crap gas you guys have.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Here are some dyno numbers before and after Bama Tunes and JLT. The first set of numbers I had an 87 canned tune. On the dyno pull with the intake/tune. I was using 91 octane. First run is with 87 per. tune, second run is 91 race tune, third and fourth is 91 tq tune. The race and tq tune are close through out the entire RPM range. For some reason the other dyno sheet is not loading, but here are the results of the 87 canned tune without a CAI. I did three pulls and here are the averages:
RWHP 284
RWTQ 300

Attachments

• Dyno after Bama and JLT.jpg
    Dyno after Bama and JLT.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

WELLS

forum member
Reaction score
Have You Ran At The Track Yet Gman? Im Curious To See What You Would Run Because I Want To Add Gears And Udp's

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I have only ran at at two 1/8 mile tracks. My best time is 8.885, but that is with a Density Altitude (DA) of 4500', so that is about an 8.3-8.4. with an 83-84 MPH trap. My avg times at sea level are about 8.5-8.6

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
how would i go about purchasing a tune from yall even though i live overseas?

the best thing to do is just call! We can certainley set you up with a nice tune file. Call anytime! 732-780-0770

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back