Cams vs Cam tune

JG-1

forum member
Reaction score
So I currently have the Lund cam tune and I must say I love it. So much so that I don't care about the reduced mpg. I'm running kooks 1 7/8" headers, kooks off-road h, over the axle pipes and outlaw mufflers. I will soon be supercharging. I'm most likely going to go with the VMP Gen 2r.

I contacted VMP and asked if I could request a cam supercharger tune. They stated they no longer offer this because it's bad for gas mileage and it destroys catalytic converters. There are some of us who don't care about gas mileage (I don't daily drive me car) and >90% that supercharge don't run catalytic converters.

VMP suggested the LM1 cams with VCT lockout. I have to admit they do so great but I'd imagine the parts and install cost around 3k.

I contacted Lund about a supercharged cam tune and they suggested if I live near they're facility, which I do, to drop the car off for a few days and they can cam tune it.

My question is, with the supercharger maxing out the power I can safely produce on a stock coyote, is there any reason to pay the price and go with cams when all I really want is the sound?

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
My question is, with the supercharger maxing out the power I can safely produce on a stock coyote, is there any reason to pay the price and go with cams when all I really want is the sound?
yes

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back