Car AMP wiring gurus, little help

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
So I take it this amp is a straight wiring config and I can't parallel or series correct? I think my enclosure is hurting me more than anything. I have pushed the hell out of some speakers with this amp but now its just average. I have the 34230. Thanks in advance for an help.-Shane

http://www.cartoys.com/cartoy/pdfs/eclipse_amp_manual.pdf

the subs themselves are what you wire in series or parallel. This is to either double the ohms or cut in half. Depending on what amp you are looking at; if it is the mono, then you have just that, one channel. What you can do with the amp if it is the 2-channel is to bridge it.

Edit: saw that you have the 2-channel. You can bridge it and run one set of speaker wires to your sub enclosure. If you are running one sub, then just run the wires to the sub jack. If you are running 2 subs, then wire your subs togther in either series or parallel (depending on what kind of power your subs can handle) and run the speaker wires to the wire jack on the outside of the sub enclosure.

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
What are you trying to do? What subs at what impedance are you running? If you have a single 4ohm sub you can run the amp in bridged mode which will get you some more power out of it.

Need alot more info.

Shane361

forum member
Reaction score
the subs themselves are what you wire in series or parallel. This is to either double the ohms or cut in half. Depending on what amp you are looking at; if it is the mono, then you have just that, one channel. What you can do with the amp if it is the 2-channel is to bridge it.

On this amp however channel A is actually a seperate amplier than channel B within the amp. That should make a difference rite. -Shane

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
What are you trying to do? What subs at what impedance are you running? If you have a single 4ohm sub you can run the amp in bridged mode which will get you some more power out of it.

Need alot more info.

^^^this.

You need to tell us what kind of subs you are running, what ohmage they are, ect.

I didnt look at the amp specs too well. Is it 2 ohm stable, 1 ohm stable, ect.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
On this amp however channel A is actually a seperate amplier than channel B within the amp. That should make a difference rite. -Shane

It should not be a whole seperate amplifier. It is just 2 different channels. IIRC, you should be able to run 1 set of speaker wires, 1 to the positive of one channel, and one to the negative of the other channel. This is how you bridge the amp. There should be a little diagram over the 2 different channel outputs on the amp that draw a line from the (+) of one to the (-) of the other and say "bridge" on it.

Shane361

forum member
Reaction score
4-ohm subs are what I prefer. You can wire them down to 2ohms or up to 8 ohms.

Nevermind, it is a single voice coil. You cant wire it up or down

This is what I was saying...
Separate power supply and signal
amplifier sections.​
The ECLIPSE 34230 has separate and independent
amplifier power supply and signal sections. The
benefit of having separate power and driver stages
are greater in a car audio environment, with its
significant electrical current, vibrations and
various sources of distortion. The ECLIPSE 34230
has no noise interference between the power and
driver stages such as switching distortion and
radiated noise for sonic purity and effortless​
power.

I also have two DVC subs I can use..

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Ok, your subs are 4-ohm and single voice coil. Your amp is 4-ohm stable, you cant bridge it and it is 270watts per channel. Your best bet is going to be just to run each sub on its own channel. (+) on the amps to (+) on the subs for each channel. The same for the (-). Nothing special can really happen here with this install.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
This is what I was saying...
Separate power supply and signal
amplifier sections.
The ECLIPSE 34230 has separate and independent
amplifier power supply and signal sections. The
benefit of having separate power and driver stages
are greater in a car audio environment, with its
significant electrical current, vibrations and
various sources of distortion. The ECLIPSE 34230
has no noise interference between the power and
driver stages such as switching distortion and
radiated noise for sonic purity and effortless

power.

I also have two DVC subs I can use..

what are the DVC subs?

Shane361

forum member
Reaction score
Example 4 I assume, 2 speakers 4ohm load. Ran this in the past with my HCCA Orion 275 with two 15" RF HX2's at 1 ohm. Thanks for the help man.-Shane :beer:

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Example 4 I assume, 2 speakers 4ohm load. Ran this in the past with my HCCA Orion 275 with two 15" RF HX2's at 1 ohm. Thanks for the help man.-Shane :beer:

no problem buddy, let me know if you need anything else.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back