Car damage from fender bender

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This just happened saturday night at about 10pm eastern... I was in the right hand lane and the truck in the left hand lane decided to switch lanes and didn't see me at all. His front right tire hit my left rear, as well as the fender and his fender parts hit my body panel parts.

The fender lip where the rubber is at is bent slightly... hard to see but I can feel it. His tire rubbed my tire as well. The scratches in front of the fender lip are from his bumper (which is plastic). I don't know how it's going to be fixed... will the whole panel be replaced, or just stripped and refinished? Until then, I get to ride around in a fucked up car that I have kept immaculate for over two years. crap.

cars weren't meant to touch eachother

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. Hate that you get done by someone else when you are so careful. Are you insured?

We just lost a members ride here a 2 weeks ago. He totalled it and it caught on fire. Fortunately he was ok. There was a GT 500 in the ford dealership which was totalled too.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. Hate that you get done by someone else when you are so careful. Are you insured?

We just lost a members ride here a 2 weeks ago. He totalled it and it caught on fire. Fortunately he was ok. There was a GT 500 in the ford dealership which was totalled too.

I'm insured, so is the other guy, but he hit me... so I don't really know how it works now, this hasn't happened to me before.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That sucks, make sure you contact your insurence company right away if you haven't already. I hope you also did a police report, this will help as people tend to try to lie about what happened after the fact when they are at fault. I had a lady in a explorer turn into me while I was in the left turn lane, she wanted to turn left and didn't see the big avalance twice her size right next to her. They didn't want to call the cops but I said too late as I had already done so. They gave their statement first and said that I side swiped them. I gave mine second and told what happened which was in conflict with their lies. A week later I got the police report which stated that driver 2's story (which was me) was supported but the evidence on the scene and the damage to the vehicles was consistant with my story. Driver 1 was completely at fault and was charged with improper lane change. She also paid for my truck to get repainted, and for my new ram air hood. Had I done what her and her husband had suggested and not called the police I am pretty sure that they would have lied to their insurence company and my insurence rate might have gone up as I was in the truck by myself and they had two people in their vehicle telling the same story.

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
We have the same issues here in Dubai. When you have an accident the police arrive at the scene and come to decide whos fault it is. So no-one moves their car no matter where it has been hit or how minor. You see like 2 cars in the middle of a 6 lane highway just sitting there waiting for the police - complete madness!

The cops then decide whos fault it is and give out different colour slips depending on whether its decided that its your fault or not. Considering 95% of cops dont speak english us Expats often get the blame as we cannot explain ourselves.

Fantastic eh?

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks. Did you feel the urge to "reach out and touch" the other driver?

Yeah the poor guy was really shaking too... he had a hard time writing the info down... i was finally like alright calm down if i was going to slaughter you i would have done it by now:samuri:

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damage

Sorry to hear about this Andy,i got rearended @ the track 2 months ago in the stageing lanes,$1,700.00 in damage,because we are on priv property,can't call cops,the guy has not paid a penny yet.Don't trust anybody be the agressor.I will tell you my story another day.

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
We are not covered here by insurance if we damage the car on the track or use Nitrous so I have no spray and keep my car off the track!

Sorry to hear about that BTR. I dont trust anyone if I have a prang! All talk at the time usually but if its gonna cost them money then you end up not seeing a thing later.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back