Car Hauler

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
Hey, Any Michigan guys have or know where I can borrow/rent a enclosed car hauler to run my Mustang down to Brenspeds in Febuary with?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Why do you need an enclosed trailer? I'm just curious since an open trailer won't expose your car to anything more than if you drove it. I'm not trying to call you out but rather expand your options.

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
Why do you need an enclosed trailer? I'm just curious since an open trailer won't expose your car to anything more than if you drove it. I'm not trying to call you out but rather expand your options.

I would go open trailer if need to but the weather can be nasty that time of year. Rather not expose the car to all that salt,snow flying chunks of ice ect. Plus if for some reason I need to stay overnight anywhere I would rather have the car locked securley in a trailer.
Driving it down is a last resort as I would need to have someone follow me down an than ride back down later in the week and at this point I do not have anyone.

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
I think Tiger had some pictures posted of his trip last Febuary..nasty weather. I didnt think much of your question being that you are from Florida. I have hauled vehicles in the winter on open trailers. I think yhe vehicle on the trailer gets more abuse from the elements than the tow vehicle. A couple years ago we had a semi in front of us lose a 8'x30' sheet of ice off his trailer. We were far enough back but he wiped out 4 or 5 cars in front of us.

nitrobob

forum member
Reaction score
I went in Feb. also and it snowed a ton but that little town there in really cleans the roads well.I had no problems. I think it snowed about 10 in. while I was there.

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
Mod...just delete this thread as no one is going to find it here anyway. I posted it and had to search my CP just to find it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back