Center Console Compatibility and Fit

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering what kinda compatibility exists amongst 05-09 and 10-14 center consoles/dash. I searched for a thread on this and couldn't find anything. Was thinking of swappin out the bland cheap looking stock center console in my 06 for something out of an 10-14. Also what about the automatic shifter from a 10-14, would that bolt in? Maybe turn this in a 05-09/10-14 interior compadibility thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I have 2010 401A seats driver/pass fully powered and matching door panels along with the steering wheel.
1ee5fb0e353e58ddf1a28825f07f5c76.jpg

The seats were pretty much 98% bolt on. The door panels required some cutting, wiring, drilling.

I think the center console will fit but it's a lot of work. I think to safely remove it you pretty much have to remove the seats and all for extra working space. Might require some trimming as drilling of new mounting locations as well.

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
I pulled my center console before, it was easy, didn't have to remove the seats. Even if so, takes 15 min to remove pass and rear seats. Really curious as to the shifter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowkey

Reaction score
I have 2010 401A seats driver/pass fully powered and matching door panels along with the steering wheel.
1ee5fb0e353e58ddf1a28825f07f5c76.jpg

The seats were pretty much 98% bolt on. The door panels required some cutting, wiring, drilling.

I think the center console will fit but it's a lot of work. I think to safely remove it you pretty much have to remove the seats and all for extra working space. Might require some trimming as drilling of new mounting locations as well.
Wow that looks amazing! So for the seats you installed no customer wiring was needed? I was wanting to get some Red 2010-2014 style seats but I'm unsure on the wiring... :helpme:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
With any amount of time and money you can do it. There are a couple people that are running around with 2010+ interior swapped early S197's.

The center console will not fit without the dash. With the dash you will need to either frankenstein an older gauge cluster or completely swap all wiring in the car since the computer system in a 2010 4.6 is different than a 05-09. Not to mention the evaporator cores are different for the dashes and because of that the firewall holes are different. Depends on how far you want to go with it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back