Clutch line clip.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I had some people help me take my transmission out and back in and somewhere along the lines the hydraulic clutch line clip got lost somewhere.
I was wondering if someone had a picture of what it looks like or maybe any idea where I could get another one.
I bought one like this, but it does not fit right.

FA2C83-2T.jpg

I tried local hydraulic stores, car part stores and Ford. Ford will sell me the whole line for $140. But that is a little excessive.

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
Good luck...I was helping a friend do his clutch and we lost the same clip....had to buy an entire replacement line :mad:

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet I am looking at the JPC on that comes with a bleeder nipple. E-mailed them, hopefully they get back to me soon! I'd rather spend 140 on that and have a better line and bleeder nipple than the factory one JUST for a clip!!

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
A new master cylinder comes with one. IIRC it's about $40.

I'd try a loop of .032 lockwire.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The clip on my clutch line had a funky 90 degree bend which made it impossible for me to install while reaching up on top of the bell housing from under the car. I also lost the one on the firewall side when it dropped down into a body crevice to never be seen again. I stopped in at the local transmission shop and the transmission builder had several extra clips of different sizes in his junk drawer. I got a couple which did not have the 90 degree bend and they went on easily. Cost was about 10 minutes of my time.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Promotion Powertrain in Ft Lauderdale has there own Line Kit upgrade that I have used many times. Alot less expensive than the FRPP piece!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Any transmission shop should have extras in the junk drawer. Worth a shot to stop and ask before trying to order them online without being able to match them up for size. My friend knew which ones would fit just by looking at them.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I wish I would have seen this sooner. The clip doesn't come with the line. The clip comes with the adaptor that mounts to the transmission bellhousing (it's the black 90 degree elbow on the transmission). It's Ford part number 4R3Z-7K584-AB, and it retails for $7.85. It's called a "clip", but it's an adaptor with the clip you're looking for.

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
I wish I would have seen this sooner. The clip doesn't come with the line. The clip comes with the adaptor that mounts to the transmission bellhousing (it's the black 90 degree elbow on the transmission). It's Ford part number 4R3Z-7K584-AB, and it retails for $7.85. It's called a "clip", but it's an adaptor with the clip you're looking for.

That part # seems to be for the 10+ do you know the part number for the 05-09?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
That part # seems to be for the 10+ do you know the part number for the 05-09?
That is for '05-10, all the same. "4R3Z" is the designation for the '05 model year mustang (technically 04. 4=2004, R3=Mustang, Z=Ford...Since the '05 model was introduced in '04, some of the part numbers come up as such).

Last edited:

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
That is for '05-10, all the same. "4R3Z" is the designation for the '05 model year mustang (technically 04. 4=2004, R3=Mustang, Z=Ford...Since the '05 model was introduced in '04, some of the part numbers come up as such).

Good to know - I found the part on Ebay and the seller's site said '10 and '11 only. Another online site says its good for all 05+.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back