CMDP DIY

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
good buy !

Yeah, I asked locally what welding them would run me and I got a quote of 70 bucks. That plus the cost of the extra pair of CMPs didn't seem to be worth it for me. So, I started looking at other options and got lucky, I guess.

So, $30 shipped to anyone who is interested in factory CMPs.

Gerardo

J

JP229

So for the DIY's, did you port match heads and intake? I stuck a boroscope down my intake runner and saw a nice little ledge. How much grinding did you have to do?

I am wanting to do this whole proccess within the next few weeks. Possibly turn down some plugs myself on a lathe and just press fit since i'm also a little sketchy on the whole quick steel/fuel/flaking BS...

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Anyone find out what these are for?

Steeda Autosports Charge Motion Delete Plugs

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SDA-555-3148/

sda-555-3148_w.jpg

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
According to this, you use them to plug the holes left by the rod that holds the butterflies.

Gerardo

Charge motion delete plugs for use with Steeda charge motion plates.

Are you bummed that you bought a vehicle and found out that you couldn't use Steeda's charge motion plates? Well, Steeda has the prescription for happiness! Steeda's charge motion delete plugs eliminate the butterflies, giving your intake air a smooth shot into the head. Machined from quality materials, these plugs are a great upgrade for your ride. As used on Steeda's Q350 Mustangs, Steeda's plugs reduce turbulence and improve airflow in the intake path for more horsepower and torque! Steeda's charge motion delete plugs require computer recalibration for use.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
no they will not. those are for 2009-2010 because the Charge Motion Plates were integrated into the intake manifold. its a differetn setup all together

1FastS197

Reaction score
i got a buddy who is a machinist... does anyone see a problem in welding the holes up and smoothing them down and not using the quick steel?

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
okay, just not sure of the quick steel... would make for a bad day if it came out and went down into the head...

personally, i wouldnt do the quick steel. If you get boosted, and some falls off... bad news.
Get em welded, itll work and be safe.

1FastS197

Reaction score
personally, i wouldnt do the quick steel. If you get boosted, and some falls off... bad news.
Get em welded, itll work and be safe.

oh yeah, thats what i am planning on... i want to see if i can drill and tap for some direct nitrous lines... and gonna do a little porting as well... we'll see how it turns out.. not sure on drilling and tapping on this pot aluminum...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back