CMDP DIY

1FastS197

Reaction score
well i have started in on making my delete plates... i almost have them disassembled... i have to finish drilling the butterfly plates off the rod... question is, how did ya'll get the bearings out?

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
well i have started in on making my delete plates... i almost have them disassembled... i have to finish drilling the butterfly plates off the rod... question is, how did ya'll get the bearings out?

I used the rod that the butterflies was on. Put it in where it would catch the side of the bearing and hit lightly with a hammer.

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Forgive me for my stupidity but what are charge motion delete plates and what do they do?????? Anyone???

J

JP229

Forgive me for my stupidity but what are charge motion delete plates and what do they do?????? Anyone???
Deletes the little butterfly valves that sit between your intake manifold and head. . Read the write up, should show you just about everything you need to know if I recall correctly.

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
So if I do this im gonna need to retune? I have a handheld but would i be able to adjust any of the parameters to calibrate my self?

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Lol. So Id have to take her down for a tune for sure? That sucks. Cant do shit no more with out it requiring a tune.

J

JP229

I did not know it would mess with AF ratio, only heard it would throw on a lil light because in a tune it is telling them to open so much, mine being wide open at half throttle.. My tuner told me just to bring it by when I do it and all he has to do is turn them off and at no charge. Grabberblues197 i'm sure if you have a tuner you already go to this would be a simple thing for them to do real quick.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
I did not know it would mess with AF ratio, only heard it would throw on a lil light because in a tune it is telling them to open so much, mine being wide open at half throttle.. My tuner told me just to bring it by when I do it and all he has to do is turn them off and at no charge. Grabberblues197 i'm sure if you have a tuner you already go to this would be a simple thing for them to do real quick.

yes. the tune is necessary because the computer will think they are constantly open. Under idle, when the computer is in open-loop system, it will make a rich AF because of the plates being "open" at idle...
Or so i think lol.

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Ive had nothing but bad experiences with email tunes ive tried amazon and brenspped and wasnt to happy with either one I think those guys have trouble tuning to my atmosphere since im way above sea level. I guess id rather wait to get a dynotune next time cool thread though, thanks for the info.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
Ive had nothing but bad experiences with email tunes ive tried amazon and brenspped and wasnt to happy with either one I think those guys have trouble tuning to my atmosphere since im way above sea level. I guess id rather wait to get a dynotune next time cool thread though, thanks for the info.

BBR

1FastS197

Reaction score

i second this!!! i had a Brenspeed tune and now have the BBR tune and love it!

but i have a question... how do you get the brass bearing out of the end... not the ball bearing, i got it out but the other end... after i get it out i can start the welding...

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just installed mine and they work great. Pretty easy process, for anyone thinkin of doin this make sure that if your using the quick steel to blend it till it becomes one consistent color. My buddy and I did them at the same time and his steel mixtures came out with black spots that did not dry and were fallin apart. But anyways, kleistang, thanks for the great wrtie up!!:thumb:

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
Before I could install the "home made" ones I did a few months ago, I bought a Steeda Set for $149 (Brenspeed) and installed those instead. Somehow I just couldn't make myself really believe that a chunk of that material wouldn't fall into the valves. It was fun to make anyway but I chickend out.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back