Congrats Lethal/Lund Racing!

Discussion in '2015+ S550 Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost Tech' started by Greg Hazlett, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Boaisy

Boaisy Dark Knight

Yep. You do a Google search, there are a lot of Cummins diesels that people have put that much psi into, used for competition mostly. However, there are people trying it out on different motors, but, as mentioned above, they are having to go through extensive measures to make it work. Obviously, not practical for a regular car.

2. Speedboosted

Speedboosted Found missing cylinders

Not "hard" to run that much on a competition prepped diesel by any means. Hell, my Boss' 6.4 runs 53ish pounds and it's not even that crazy. We did a twin turbo build on a 5.9 Cummins a couple months ago and he finally made it over to the dyno. Laid down over 900 whp and 1700 tq.

3. s8v4o

s8v4o forum member

Looks like they might need another upgrade soon. Looking at the specs of that turbo looks like max flow is 60 lbs/min. Using old school math you would multiply that by 10 to get a HP figure.

Quote from Garrett turbos...

"What is my mass flow rate? As a very general rule, turbocharged gasoline engines will generate 9.5-10.5 horsepower (as measured at the flywheel) for each lb/min of airflow. So, an engine with a target peak horsepower of 400 Hp will require 36-44 lb/min of airflow to achieve that target. This is just a rough first approximation to help narrow the turbo selection options."

Was the turbo maxed out? If we use the 10.5 multiplier we actually get pretty close (60 x 10.5 = 630HP or 535WHP). If the turbo is maxed out they could get a bigger one and run a little less boost and make the same power if not more.

This is great though to see such power from the new ecoboost engine!!! Anybody have a complete mod list for this car?

4. Jared@Lethal

[email protected] Official Site Vendor

Here ya go.

Lethal Performance Turbo Kit 7163EFR turbo from Borg Warner
    Lethal Performance Intercooler Upgrade kit
    Lethal 3" Offroad downpipe with electronic cutout
    Lethal Aux fuel system with additional 465lph pump, Micro squirt controller, CP-E secondary fuel rail and 4 additional 13-14 GT500 fuel injectors
    Barton Shifter
    DSS carbon fiber driveshaft
    DSS 800hp Halfshafts
    Viking Performance Crusader Shocks
    BMR
    BMR 2015 MUSTANG CRADLE BUSHING LOCKOUT KIT
    BMR Driveshaft Loop
    BMR 2015 MUSTANG DOUBLE ADJUSTABLE REAR TOE RODS (RED)
    BMR 2015 MUSTANG BILLET ALUMINUM VERTICAL LINKS
    BMR Bushing Kit, Differential Lockout
    Racestar Wheels
    Lund Racing Custom Tune on a LR nGauge
    N2MB Wot Box
    Anchor Room Tint Kit
    Diode Dynamics Switchbacks and LED Conversion Kit
    50psi Map sensor

5. Greg Hazlett

Greg Hazlett Stepping on the Pink Bus

Thanks Jared!

BW EFR is the only turbo I would use if I were to upgrade :)

6. s8v4o

s8v4o forum member

Nice, using a microsquirt as a piggy back I'm assuming. The mega/micro squirt is some pretty cool stuff. I'm thinking you might have been able to use the microsquirt to take on the duty of the WOTBOX. Probably would have been a little more involved though.

7. Pentalab

Pentalab forum member

Direct inject 5.0 Eco-blaster would be the real ticket...then toss in the flat plane crank et all. Ford, what are you waiting for ?

8. skaarlaj

skaarlaj Probie Former Pink Bus Rider

I can't help but think that would've been a low-mid 10 second pass with a stalled auto, or similar times that the car ran with a "pump-gas-friendly" amount of boost. Then again with direct injection, detonation can't occur if there's no fuel charge to even ignite, so who knows how much timing/boost a person could get away with on one of these!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  9. Smalls5oh

Smalls5oh forum member

Very impressive for a 4 banger.