Conversion to GPS/Navigation/backup camera

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
I recently got a 2012 Mustang GT Convertible and considering converting to a GPS/Navigation/ back up camera/ nighttime dimming system. I did this to my 2008 Mustang GT Convertible. I'll be taking this to a shop so don't need installing help. The mistake I made on the 2008 install was I didn't buy the adjustable screen. So, pretty much couldn't see it in the sunlight and top down.

Looking for input from other Mustang Convertible owners who have around the 2012's model year. Suggestions on brands and features, problems you've encountered.

Last edited by a moderator:

drwells42

Reaction score
I'm kind of curious about what you did on your 2008 install. I have an '07 V-6. I like the idea of a backup camera, and my wife would love GPS, but I like the analog controls (knobs & buttons) on my stereo. OK, I like the CD player too. I'm old. :)

DRW

RoninGT

Reaction score
I went with a Kenwood player. Most all will do a camera. I use android auto for navigation. Much better than any on board units I've seen. I don't have trouble seeing it unless I have my dark shades on. However I listen to a USB collection. So on or off or next.
I do miss a volume knob
I'm kind of curious about what you did on your 2008 install. I have an '07 V-6. I like the idea of a backup camera, and my wife would love GPS, but I like the analog controls (knobs & buttons) on my stereo. OK, I like the CD player too. I'm old. :)

DRW

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
I sold my 2008 and bout a 2012 Mustang convertible GT.

I'll include so photo's and while I like the system, the negative is trying to change temperature, etc. Knobs are far better that the touch screens as you're driving.

new GPS #3.jpg

new GPS #4.jpg

New GPS system 2.jpg

new GPS system.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back