Couple pics and vids from this weekends Autocross season opener

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
It was a cold day, sunny but windy, temps hit high of low 50's, tires couldnt find traction as a result. The turn out was insane, we usually get 8 runs, only 5 this time, on avg 70 cars show, this time it was 110! People were just itching to dust off the winter cob webs. We were freezing our asses of during track work but hearing and smelling the action makes it all worth it.

The best time of the day was a 46.x (Porsche GT3 on R Comps), i coudlnt get below 56.x but i feel like i would have on this pass if i held on to traction...

My 56.x best pass, i could have been way more aggressive and shaved off 2-3 seconds easy.

AutocrossMar12_017.jpg

AutocrossMar12_021.jpg

Last edited:

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Dude I love that car. And why isnt there people standing out catching cones? People here stand on the track to catch cones.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice, you'll have to take a swing at drag racing again this yr. Did you ever get the clutch sorted out?

Downs

forum member
Reaction score
Dude I love that car. And why isnt there people standing out catching cones? People here stand on the track to catch cones.

We have a group that do "time trials" here and the course is setup like an autocross but a little more open with higher speeds. They don't have cone chasers on the track. He limits it to 50 folks per day so 25 folks per half day and if you knock over cones you stop and pick them up on your final lap of 3.

I can usually eek out about 15-16 laps for a half day and I'm usually the one with the least amount of laps.

Edit-I saw someone run out to grab at cone at the 52 second mark.

Looks like a good time in the vids. I can't see the pics from work though.

Last edited:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Very nice, you'll have to take a swing at drag racing again this yr. Did you ever get the clutch sorted out?

I will def try my best to make to the s197 rental , that was a blast. Havnt swapped the clutch out yet but soon , it seems to be holding up for street driving and autox but def doesnt like DR's. ive also got gt500 pumps waiting , ive been so swamped with my apt renovation i havnt had much time or money to spend on the car.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Looks like fun. One comment, try to get on the backside of the cones more, you could definitely tighten up the line. I also heard a lot of coasting, you really need to be on the gas or the brake, but very rarely just coasting.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Moses Jones Beach? I cant see the vids now.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Moses Jones Beach? I cant see the vids now.

Tobay Beach

Looks like fun. One comment, try to get on the backside of the cones more, you could definitely tighten up the line. I also heard a lot of coasting, you really need to be on the gas or the brake, but very rarely just coasting.

Agreed, i need to be more aggressive in general, i feel like im close to the cones but im sure i can get much closer, its a def down side of the cars size. I need to work on better throttle modulation as well, the problem is she loses her tail pretty easily when the tires are cold. First race in months though, usually be the end of the season i feel much more comfortable and find my stride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back