coyote swap 05 mustang gt

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the power distribution and compressed air for boost controller finished up last night

20180221_201507.jpg

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also replaced my intake pipe to handle the boost levels so we don't have the pipe blow off

20180221_174327.jpg

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
My last set up was a 3v at 750 that was really fun, this is going to be extremely fun
Holy smokes! I'm sure it will be! That will be way too much for me lol. My old fox was a lot with a nitrous set up and stroked with big compression lol.

What was the 3v setup? A few guys have me leaning on just saying screw it and going molnar rods over the boss rods eve though I'd never push enough to break them with a vortech v3. Stock crank though.

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Im running MBRP as well. Love them. Videos when dyno and on the street!
P1 procharger low compression e85 forged and stroked ported heads, stock crank on a centrifugal vey bad idea most likely you will snap the snout, molnar rods are a good product and priced right, 3v cranks are getting cheap I would definitely consider 1

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Im running MBRP as well. Love them. Videos when dyno and on the street!
If memory serves me right, I'm thinking we can use the coyote cranks on our 3v they are a factory forged crank and there only around 300, I can try to find out, if it will I can get you 1 for that price

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
If memory serves me right, I'm thinking we can use the coyote cranks on our 3v they are a factory forged crank and there only around 300, I can try to find out, if it will I can get you 1 for that price
Hmm that would be awesome if its a drop in just like the rods are. Are the strokes the same between them? I really appreciate that but I know it will have to wait a bit. I'm currently building a house and baby #2 is half way here. I'd really like to get a spare motor from a junk yard and just strip it and get piece by piece purchased and get it built in steps and then just straight swap.

Man that's a hell of a build and lot of power being pushed by a p1!

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
I will do it correct and replace all timing components with factory OEM and valvetrain including springs. Springs I plan on Comp OEM replacement and possibly replace the valves. My machine shop guy will tear those apart an inspect that stuff. But just want a nice 500ish hp daily that is reliable as well. I know reliable is a strong word here. Probably clevite bearings.

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will do it correct and replace all timing components with factory OEM and valvetrain including springs. Springs I plan on Comp OEM replacement and possibly replace the valves. My machine shop guy will tear those apart an inspect that stuff. But just want a nice 500ish hp daily that is reliable as well. I know reliable is a strong word here. Probably clevite bearings.
Yea it was but i rebuilt it with ceramic ball bearings to spin it faster, also i recommend coating your bearings with the ct-3 from calico, if you need any advise just ask, I've been putting motors together since I was a little kid and that's been 30 years

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Yea it was but i rebuilt it with ceramic ball bearings to spin it faster, also i recommend coating your bearings with the ct-3 from calico, if you need any advise just ask, I've been putting motors together since I was a little kid and that's been 30 years
I will definetly keep you in mind when i get to it. Havent done a mod motor yet. Did plenty of 302s. But I want to do it myself and do it very good and reliable and not have to worry about it with springs or bearings or any of that crap. What does coating the bearings do?

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will definetly keep you in mind when i get to it. Havent done a mod motor yet. Did plenty of 302s. But I want to do it myself and do it very good and reliable and not have to worry about it with springs or bearings or any of that crap. What does coating the bearings do?
It acts like a dry lubricant, the motor runs smoother and quieter, and it protects the bearings from wearing down into the metals, also you will always have more wear on 1 part of the bearing then other so it will wear it self true to give you a perfect round surface for the crank or rods to ride on, all in all its a no-bainer

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
It acts like a dry lubricant, the motor runs smoother and quieter, and it protects the bearings from wearing down into the metals, also you will always have more wear on 1 part of the bearing then other so it will wear it self true to give you a perfect round surface for the crank or rods to ride on, all in all its a no-bainer
Ahh okay. Thanks for that. I will definitely message you when I get going on my build. Still need to get one of those maintenance books for the 3 valve. Been quite a while since I've built a motor and been eagerly waiting to do it. Like that itch you can't scratch.

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ahh okay. Thanks for that. I will definitely message you when I get going on my build. Still need to get one of those maintenance books for the 3 valve. Been quite a while since I've built a motor and been eagerly waiting to do it. Like that itch you can't scratch.
Yea i would consider diyalldata instead it's $25 for the year and it has all the info you would ever need to the car and it's accessible any time you want any info on your phone,laptop ect

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Yea i would consider diyalldata instead it's $25 for the year and it has all the info you would ever need to the car and it's accessible any time you want any info on your phone,laptop ect
Oh cool thanks for that. Will certainly check it out.

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
finally got her running last night did some data logging, got the stalling issue after reving her up fixed, ac blows ice cold, rpm, temp, oil pressure, battery, and speedometer gauges all working, going to do some heat cycles to seat in the rings and wear her in, all in all it turned out great could not be happier,

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
finally got her running last night did some data logging, got the stalling issue after reving her up fixed, ac blows ice cold, rpm, temp, oil pressure, battery, and speedometer gauges all working, going to do some heat cycles to seat in the rings and wear her in, all in all it turned out great could not be happier,

Nice! I must admit, you got balls! I am not modifying mine till it is 100% emission legal, stock. Didn't want too many variables when doing the swap. ;)

Hurry up and get that dyno'd! :biggrin:

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice! I must admit, you got balls! I am not modifying mine till it is 100% emission legal, stock. Didn't want too many variables when doing the swap. ;)

trust me If it was up to me I would have it on the dyno right now, my tuner is pretty busy this week with nmra in Bradenton fl so its going to have to wait for 2 more weeks I work next weekend and of the following so its on that weekend

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure if I spend more time with it I can probably just about get everything working traction and emission

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back