coyote swap 05 mustang gt

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if I spend more time with it I can probably just about get everything working traction and emission

I will soon have the ability to tune mine myself. So I will have all the monitors completing, I'm sure.
I started getting a O2 code, got 2 new O2s, but cant get the old f*ckers lose. Going to have to get the smoke wrench out for this job.

I have NO abs or traction control to worry about! hehehe

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will soon have the ability to tune mine myself. So I will have all the monitors completing, I'm sure.
I started getting a O2 code, got 2 new O2s, but cant get the old f*ckers lose. Going to have to get the smoke wrench out for this job.

I have NO abs or traction control to worry about! hehehe
Yea i don't think I much care for it either, I would love to learn the tunning aspect of it, I hate to wait on them, I almost pulled the trigger on hp tuners just to try it out but figured I have to much money in this thing to have any mistakes

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Yea i don't think I much care for it either, I would love to learn the tunning aspect of it, I hate to wait on them, I almost pulled the trigger on hp tuners just to try it out but figured I have to much money in this thing to have any mistakes

Yea, I'd advise against learning tuning that setup. Same here on waiting on updates, and my tuner is a friend! He's busy. I've been tuning engines for 40+ years. Just need the tools to tune.

On my fox (GT40 crate 340hp + Vortech Strim @8psi) I tuned it with the Tweecer. Having total access spoiled me. lol I also have a 7 cylinder well ventilated 302 block..... but that is another story. :0

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hopefully This Saturday I should know what she's going to put down I'll post up as soon as I know

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I got her tunned last Saturday 1038rwhp at 16lbs of boost, clutch held us back from getting any more kept breaking loose so I'm going to break in the clutch some more and see if we can get closer to 1300

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
So I got her tunned last Saturday 1038rwhp at 16lbs of boost, clutch held us back from getting any more kept breaking loose so I'm going to break in the clutch some more and see if we can get closer to 1300
Holy F**K! only 16lbs. That is just a monster. What rpm were you at?

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
nice build- how long do you think your going to run that magnum before you swap to a t-400, 4L80, or a 4speed 6r80 from PBH, didn't see any rear suspension or axle specs in your build thread? Going to be interesting. roll monster from 120-200 lol.

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nice build- how long do you think your going to run that magnum before you swap to a t-400, 4L80, or a 4speed 6r80 from PBH, didn't see any rear suspension or axle specs in your build thread? Going to be interesting. roll monster from 120-200 lol.
Actually I'm going with strange s trac and 35 spline axles with elimanotors and bracing down the rear end, I was going with a 9" but u know what the 8.8 has lived up to its name and it' cheaper to build, I'm definitely needing to figure how to put the power down or I'm buying tires every month lol

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The magnum I say 6 month, to be honest I hate automatic but all by buddies are pushing me to do it, it defiantly fells like a sling shot with the magnum

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Chad clearly an awesome build!

BTW I thought one needed to use 11" not 13" rear rotors to run 15" wheels?
13" is the original size of the gt it will fit but u need to purchase sway bar relocater unless your going with a anti roll kit

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
with that hp/tg you will be lucky if body panels will be fitting properly(after a few full power traction hooking runs) if you don't do a arb or a hy-breed design of one.

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
with that hp/tg you will be lucky if body panels will be fitting properly(after a few full power traction hooking runs) if you don't do a arb or a hy-breed design of one.
Yea i have a 6 point cage and all the bottom bracing I would be surpised if any thing moves it's funny I got this car so braced down that when I make a uturn the car feels like it's hoping sideways it's pretty steardy, I do see what you mean thou not to many guys build there car around there motor more like let me have all this power with everthing stock and then wondering why shit is going wrong

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well my built 8.8 is coming out and a strange 9" with 35 spline axles 3.50 gears and a s-trac is going in, I will post some pics when it arrives

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dear lord. This thing is sweet! Can you post some pics? Whats done to that rear thats coming out?
8.8 has Ford racing t2 31 spline strange axles 3.73 gears welded relocation brackets gt500 finned cover every bearing and seal new rear end only had 2000 miles on it, I think my buddy is going to scoop it up for his build

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back