Customize your ugly aftermarket center caps

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
I recently got some 17x9 bullet rims from American Muscle, mostly because I think the new size M&H 275/50/17's will work a little better on a 9" rim. The paint and style of these rims are a pretty close match to the stock bullets, however their center caps are pretty ugly and being I have a set of narrowed stock fronts, I wanted a closer match with the center caps. What I did was go here . Download a pic of the Ford emblem. Scuff the new center caps with scotch bright. I used Ford paint code 11, because I had it laying around for another project. Paint the center caps. Print a copy of the oval from the link on picture paper. Cut it out. Use some glue stick to hold it in place. Then liberally apply clear coat for the desired effect.
They came out OK, and will match the fronts better now.

Last edited:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I recently got some 17x9 bullet rims from American Muscle, mostly because I think the new size M&H 275/50/17's will work a little better on a 9" rim. The paint and style of these rims are a pretty close match to the stock bullets, however their center caps are pretty ugly and being I have a set of narrowed stock fronts, I wanted a closer match with the center caps. What I did was go here . Download a pic of the Ford emblem. Scuff the new center caps with scotch bright. I used Ford paint code 11, because I had it laying around for another project. Paint the center caps. Print a copy of the oval from the link on picture paper. Cut it out. Use some glue stick to hold it in place. Then liberally apply clear coat for the desired effect.
They came out OK, and will match the fronts better now.

ya know, that actually looks pretty damn good!! :thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back