Diy rear mount single coyote build.

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Turbo-cs, Apr 16, 2017.

1. JeremyH

JeremyH 3V Fuel Guru

Another thought, have you considered tuning and front 02 sensor placement yet? Unlike the older cars the coyotes front o2's are widebands, we had to move them to after the turbine as the pre-turbine pressure and temps skew the readings. You might be able to get away with them up at the headers still since the turbine is further away. Something to consider.

2. Turbo-cs

Turbo-cs Junior Member

This is a good question as i did not know anything about that. I'm just a fab guy in need of a turbo on my stang LOL this is going to basically be my first Ford remote mount.

All things I will need to address in the future and . Data is king when tuning I'm sure there will be lots of changes over time . I was thinking that my wide band would be just behind the turbo. But you think I will see false readings with it 6-8 inches from exiting the car ?

3. JeremyH

JeremyH 3V Fuel Guru

Your on new territory, with the remote mount on this platform as far as I know. Squires did them not sure if they ever got anything to work for the coyote but they went under in 2013 I believe. Oil scavenging pump and turbo bearing failures were common.

4. Turbo-cs

Turbo-cs Junior Member

Right on . I'm going to run a tilton. And have a back up. I talked to innovate about there wide band . And the gentleman there was adamant that with the remote mount we want the wideband mounted two to three feet from the head even with the being remote down he said they did some testing very very minimal differences where scene.

But once again everybody wants to see it for themselves.w with air fuel.

5. Turbo-cs

Turbo-cs Junior Member

Got my Tig today . I Can get some practice now ..ya

Attached Files:

6. Phil

Phil forum member

you could definitely do it sans intercooler especially if you switch to a E85 setup, if not a simple alcohol injection system like the Snow system would be the ticket.

7. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra forum member

My buddy has that exact same mig welder. It's a nice machine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

8. Turbo-cs

Turbo-cs Junior Member

Yes it's a power House too much for mild with 45 wire
    She is a 350.

Hey guys got a big ass filter to make us giggle. Biggest thing I can get to fit and I mean big. I have to bevel the inside lip of the filter, so the filter can go back about another 1/4 or so. She sits just on the sway bar link. Might take a half in off the clamping surface on the air filter.

Attached Files:

9. Wes06

Wes06 forum member

Should cut a hole in the floor and run the intake into the car. Hear every bit of induction noise. Lol

10. Forty61

Forty61 forum member

Lol, an air conditioned CAI?

11. Wes06

Wes06 forum member

yup, get them chilly iat's to help counteract the boost temps :D

12. Shotokan1509

Shotokan1509 forum member

13. Turbo-cs

Turbo-cs Junior Member

Ya guys I like it haha.. ac your air pre intercooler ya!

14. Turbo-cs

Turbo-cs Junior Member

Well got my oil cap modified for the return, modified the air cleaner and a couple other things for fitment. Got my return line up into the trunk with a bulkhead. My Tilton will be in on Monday so I mount up and Fab a box for the Tilton to sit in. And I'll run from my oil cap back to the trunk tonight in preparation for the pump. Not bad for weekend builds I'm happy with my progress I actually got to hear it run through the turbo charger this week...

Attached Files:

15. Wes06

Wes06 forum member

any reason its going to the oil fill cap rather than a drilled/tapped hole in the sump?

16. Turbo-cs

Turbo-cs Junior Member

I just want to be able to return to stock with no trace evidence it was ever boosted. No sign that there was any modifications to the car. If I went non intercooled I could easy pull it off . But seeing as how it's just got a power train warranty yet . I guess it dose not matter

17. Turbo-cs

Turbo-cs Junior Member

So guys I'm going to be a contributing member here if I can what's in involved . I remember reading in a thread about it . I can just give money and not be obligated to gathering and such, life is very busy here for me .I'm in a club now for bikes. we meet every year for the beer rattle snake race
    I love it 5 days away!! It's the only man only trip I take lol

18. Turbo-cs

Turbo-cs Junior Member

Couple more things installed.. just need to tie a few things up on the oil system.

Attached Files:

19. Turbo-cs

Turbo-cs Junior Member

Got some more gear in waste gate intercooler ic pipe And some more exhaust wrap and paint . I'll be up dating next week some progress. PS took some advice from fourm members and am going 2.5 on it I pipes. Thanks guys .

20. Turbo-cs

Turbo-cs Junior Member

Hey guys..Couple new ones, bin busy then got sick over the weekend.. iv bin doing wiring

Attached Files: