Does any body have tire rubbing problem ?

V

Vaxman

Hi,

I just finish installing FORD M-5300-L lowering kit on my 2008 GT500 conv. I also have a set of Razor 20x9 with 6" backspace on 255/35 ZR20 in front and 275/35 ZR20 in the back. I have base this mods on the 2007 40th 40th Anniversary Shelby GT500 edition

I was told that this should work find by Shelby Performance Parts, but after doing some mesument my rear driver wheel only have about 3/4" clearance for the top of the tire and the rear bottom fender opening and him not setting in it ???. Also the wheel come out about about 1/2" also.

Question: Does anybody else have this setup ?? and if so are you having any tire rubbing problem ??

Thanks

Vaxman

Attachments

• DSCF4440.JPG
    DSCF4440.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF4442.JPG
    DSCF4442.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 17

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
how's the spacing on the other side's tire? Looks like you might need an adjustable panhard bar to recenter the axle.

V

Vaxman

The spacing is dead on. I have install a ajsutable panhard.

Thanks

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Another thing to look at, did the shop put the right tire and rim in the right spot? I actually had a customer that had this problem because the person that did the install didn't see the slight difference in offsets on a Shelby rim. Just throwing that out there.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I have run Shelby Razors on two cars in a staggered 18x9/18x10 setup. With 285/40/18's on the rear (stock 07-09 GT500 tire size) mine sat in tighter than your setup. The 18x10 offset was 7.1BS/+45mm offset. The 20x9 rear wheels you are running are 6.2"/+24mm offset which is why they sit out further. With the larger 275 wheel this only magnifies that. See the photo below and while I was only running an 18" wheel setup the offset relationship is virtually a 1:1 in comparison. I suggest purchasing a set of 20x10's or going to a more narrow wheel. American Muscle is currently running a sale on the 20x10 chrome razor at the moment BTW. It is a 7.2" BS/+48mmoffset and will resolve your problem while being compatible with the existing 275 series tire you have.
gmrPj5R.jpg

For further reference I currently run a 20x10.5" with 7.1"BS/+45mm offset on the rear with 305/30/20's that run as tight under the rear wheel well as you show with your 275's. See below. This should answer your questions.

It pays to ask more than just "will they fit" when buying after market wheels. What one person considers "fitting" another person won't. Sadly most sellers won't take a wheel back once it is mounted. But who buying a new wheel wants to receive it with witness marks that it has been on another car? That is why it is crucial to do your homework.
pjDCVTo.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back