Driver Window Issue

Jwoo8804

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2008 Roush and when I went to crank the car this weekend the battery was dead. So, after having it tested and finding out it was no good anymore I bought a new one. Put the new one in and it fired right up and ran perfectly. However, I noticed my driver window did not drop like it normally does when you pull the door handle. It will still do the auto roll down just will not auto roll up. I can still feel the 2nd "click" when I pull or press the window button in the door that would normally make it auto roll up or down. The passenger side will still auto roll up and down fine. No issue on that side. Its just the driver side and its only when I'm trying to roll it up. I don't think this is an issue with it being off the track since it will still move up and down. Could this have something to do with a fuse or the computer? Any ideas?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Try holding the window up switch for a good deal of time with the door closed.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IIRC - there's a window reset procedure in the manual, have you tried that?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Correct, there is a procedure for resetting the short drop and one touch features.

Note: Perform one-touch up re-calibration with the door closed.
Calibrating with the door open will cause the window to continuously
bounce back.

Functionality may be lost under low battery power conditions.

To reset this function after restoring full battery power:

1. Pull the switch to the one-touch up position.

2. Hold the switch until the glass reaches the stall position and continue
to hold for two seconds.

3. Press the switch down and operate the window to the full down
position. One-touch up will now be functional.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
I had this happen last spring (terrible time to happen in the NW). One of the guys I work with knew the reset procedure off the top of his head. Lol all good now and haven't had an issue since.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Hey I’m having this problem. Just did it today at work. Auto down fine but not up and won’t do the down or up when open or close the door. Going to do the reset or recalibration.

I just want to know, do I do this with key on or car on or does it matter? Also what can cause it to do this randomly? It’s my daily and no dead battery or anything and has a year old alternator.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Key on.

Happens because computer. Ever have to reboot your desktop or phone. Just happens.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
...... Also what can cause it to do this randomly? It’s my daily and no dead battery or anything and has a year old alternator.

When I started having issues with the windows "forgetting" their calibration, I had no starting issues or any other indications of a battery going bad. Then my battery went dead and I got a new one. No more window issues. So, how old is your battery?

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
When I started having issues with the windows "forgetting" their calibration, I had no starting issues or any other indications of a battery going bad. Then my battery went dead and I got a new one. No more window issues. So, how old is your battery?
About 3 years now. Florida weather.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, i was resetting mine every couple of weeks. Then one morning try to start it,...click,click,click...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back