Duel fuel pump wiring

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought a GT500 fuel pump kit from another member at least 3 years ago. The kit was new take of from JDM. Everything seems to be in the kit, well boxed and bagged.

I have an 05 GT

Problem is with the wiring from my car to the gt500 wiring. I have the plug pulled apart as they state to do. Says to plug sender wiring into sender connector. They're isn't one. Seems like a male connector would have come with the kit, but I don't have one. I am guessing because the instructions don't have a list of included small parts. Wiring harness, pump, and module is all that's listed.

Can anyone confirm that I am missing something?

First picture is what I have. Second is the connector they say I should be connecting to? Third picture is a picture of what I found of someone else's install, his was an 07. BTW my existing sender wires are pulled tight, maybe stuck. It must definitely will not come out any further.
235377c550783da9e907fd6852aa2b68.jpg
2a89f872335de75a691d264be8b12a79.jpg
1f21837277d31da28ed66b006dbed750.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

moooosestang

Reaction score
The gt500 pumps that whipple included with their supercharger kits were rewired for the GT i think. You'll probably have to order connectors and rewire a stock gt500 pump assembly. It's not plug and play like the whipple kit.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is missing is a jumper harness, which was included later in gt500 fuel pump upgrade. I talked to FRPP yesterday. All he would say is it's a jumper harness and gave me the part number CM-14407FR463A for the jumper. From everything I have found online, it was a two pin male connector at one time. It would leave you with existing 4 pin left unplugged with a new 2 pin male plugged to main harness. If I could get my hands on a 4 pin male that matches my existing GT plug, I would just rewire the tail of the duel pump harness. The jumper harness that comes in the kit now does just that, but with four plugs. Plug and play if you will. I found a picture online of someone else's install that showed it. My kit is an older kit that's been sitting for a long while. The install instructions are outdated starting at step 29 -32, even the fig. 20 isn't correct.

I was planning to update this thread for future reference.

I agree it wasn't as straightforward as they made it, but it wasn't bad. There isn't even a parts list supplied in the box, so I couldn't even verify if I was missing something. JeremyH helped me over the weekend by confirming I was missing a part.

moooosestang

Reaction score
What is missing is a jumper harness, which was included later in gt500 fuel pump upgrade. I talked to FRPP yesterday. All he would say is it's a jumper harness and gave me the part number CM-14407FR463A for the jumper. From everything I have found online, it was a two pin male connector at one time. It would leave you with existing 4 pin left unplugged with a new 2 pin male plugged to main harness. If I could get my hands on a 4 pin male that matches my existing GT plug, I would just rewire the tail of the duel pump harness. The jumper harness that comes in the kit now does just that, but with four plugs. Plug and play if you will. I found a picture online of someone else's install that showed it. My kit is an older kit that's been sitting for a long while. The install instructions are outdated starting at step 29 -32, even the fig. 20 isn't correct.

I was planning to update this thread for future reference.

I agree it wasn't as straightforward as they made it, but it wasn't bad. There isn't even a parts list supplied in the box, so I couldn't even verify if I was missing something. JeremyH helped me over the weekend by confirming I was missing a part.

Do you have a frpp kit or just a gt500 takeoff part? I was assume you had a takeoff part. I'm guessing from your pic you posted that you found this link? the fuel pump install instructions start on page 67. It's been so long since i did this that i forgot exactly what i did. I just remember getting those dual pumps in there was a biotch! https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-6066-05-10_GT.pdf

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought my ffrp gt500 duel pump kit M-9407-GT05. I have a Saleen blower on my car. The Whipple installation is exactly the same as mine with a few added pictures. And yes, stuffing that duel pump in was a bitch. No way in hell was that transfer tube staying out of the hole. I pushed it out of the way. I used a coat hanger to pull it back up once the pump was in the tank. The little rubber feet kept falling off too. Hopefully, I didn't damage any hose on the pump while placing it. I almost loosened the tank to gain a little wiggle room.

moooosestang

Reaction score
I bought my ffrp gt500 duel pump kit M-9407-GT05. I have a Saleen blower on my car. The Whipple installation is exactly the same as mine with a few added pictures. And yes, stuffing that duel pump in was a bitch. No way in hell was that transfer tube staying out of the hole. I pushed it out of the way. I used a coat hanger to pull it back up once the pump was in the tank. The little rubber feet kept falling off too. Hopefully, I didn't damage any hose on the pump while placing it. I almost loosened the tank to gain a little wiggle room.

Ha,ha! I had the same fear of damaging the convoluted hoses. That was 17 years ago and it's still going strong.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ha,ha! I had the same fear of damaging the convoluted hoses. That was 17 years ago and it's still going strong.
Would you be willing to take a picture of how yours is connected?
FRPP is dragging their feet with any more answers and selling me the part.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back