Dyno and 1/4 mile opinions.

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
Just looking to get your input on a few things. I recently had my 3v on dyno jet. Sae smoothing 5. Came out to 315/324. this seems a bit low to me considering my mods. IF this is true. And saying i have lowered my weight atleast 100lbs. What should i expect for a 1/4 time.

2005 gt 3v 5spd
K&n cai
62mm throttle body
Equal length shortys
Off road xpipe
Slp loud mouth
Under drive pullies
Hotrod cams
Custom dyno tune 93oct
On 305/35/18 nt555r

20180320_172949_HDR.jpg

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
once again a dyno is a comparison device. What did it make initially and what does it make now with the mods. The difference between the two is your result not the final number. Few dyno's produce similar results. They aren't calibration certified via a department of weights and measures standard. The same applies to a bathroom scale. Step on one and you will weight different than you do on the next one. It's the before and after from the same scales that tell you what your weight loss success has been.

How the car transfers power to the ground without blowing the tires off is what will be one of the two biggest factors in ET. Driver ability will be the other. Slap a pair of 26" quality DR's on the car and go have a good time.

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
I understand dynos are a tool and all that. I asked for a before and after but never got the before sheet. I was asking for a comparitive not an exact answer. I was looking to see what others were putting down and what they were running with similar setups. No need to rant

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
Its because there are too many variables to answer your question.

Driver
Track
Conditions
Power of car
Tires

Under great conditions, with a good tire designed only for the track, and everything else working, 12.6-12.9@ 104-108. That is based off of what I've seen others with similar mods run. Again, probably the most important factor is the driver and tire. Having nothing to compare to is just difficult.

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
I posted all the mods including hp/tq and tires nitto nt555r drag radials. But if the question is too vague still my bad. I thought i had enough info.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
:sad72:
I understand dynos are a tool and all that. I asked for a before and after but never got the before sheet. I was asking for a comparitive not an exact answer. I was looking to see what others were putting down and what they were running with similar setups. No need to rant
:sad72:

WHO THE HECK WAS RANTING? JEEZ! Did my little piece of feedback required a crisis counselor for you to cope? Get a hold of yourself. BUT SINCE YOU ACCUSED ME OF IT I'LL RANT NOW SO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE! Below is ranting, post #2 was informative.

GET YOUR BUTT TO THE TRACK WITH THE CAR AND MAKE A FRICKIN PASS AND FIND OUT!!!! THAT'S WHAT MEN DO! THEY MODIFY A CAR AND TAKE IT TO THE TRACK AND SEE WHAT IT WILL DO IF THEY WANT TO KNOW! THE
'WONDER IF'S' AND 'WHAT IF'S' GO TO WEBSITES WITH A DYNO SHEET WHINING ABOUT THE LOW NUMBERS, LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO PAT THEM ON THE HEAD, AND TELL THEM IT WILL DO SUB 11.50'S!!!

SO HERE IS YOUR LITTLE PAT ON THE HEAD, TAKE THE FRICKIN CAR TO THE TRACK AND FIND OUT!

OH AND HAVE SOME FUN!

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
i just realized i never posted back. holy crap.
not the best weather when i went out. 80f DA of nearly 3000 best pass i had was a 14.0 at 102 with a 2.2 60ft

i hit that 3rd gear wall a couple times too
since then i have made some adjustments to jlt3 cai with jlt bumper air inlets, sealed my air box better. sniper manifold with tb spacer needed for fitment, 27lb 7 hole injectors, flowmaster mufflers, steeda tri ax, bmr rear lca, double adjustable panhard with fresh alignment. 180tstat with flush, wideband o2 (which led to a change in tuner and tune) new tune
thanks for all the input guys

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Your dyno numbers are similar to mine, but my best run was with some temporary weight reduction (removed front passenger seat, rear seat, spare wheel, trunk contents, and 1/4 tank of gas) and with a DA near sea level. I also hit the 6500rpm rev limiter at the top of 3rd.
I think your times were hurt by the heat.

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
yea i rode out 3rd at 6500 with my spare tire and all that gone. full interior. the heat definitly sucked. lack of experience was another fault. TBH now that i have this new tune. it feels like i picked up a bit of mid to low tq just a seat of the pants feel. i have to get it back on a dyno to see what happened and where the curve moved. then get back to the track.
what was your best et? mph?

GlassTop09

Reaction score
27lb 7 hole injectors,
Hi miltonmegilliii,
What brand name & type of injectors (EV6, EV14, tall or short body, etc) are these that you're running?
I am interested in looking up the specs on them, especially the spray pattern..........

Appreciate any info that you could provide.

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
dont remember the band or name. i CAN tell you they are not name brand and i could bet they are calling it s27lb but probably arnt hitting that. however being 7 hole the atomization should be better. i think i found them ..to be honest...ebay all blue casing like the 39lbs ev6. personally unless your on a budget like i was just stick with a known brand with warranty

jam07GT

forum member
Reaction score
i just realized i never posted back. holy crap.
not the best weather when i went out. 80f DA of nearly 3000 best pass i had was a 14.0 at 102 with a 2.2 60ft/QUOTE]

It will be hard to get a drag radial to work good with the 5 speed. I'd get some stiff sidewall slicks. Also, are you running the stock rear end gear? I ran a 1.93 60' at 5,000 DA, but with an auto and 4.10 gear, 3K converter. Similar mods that you have, but I have long tubes and catted x-pipe, 91 tune (see sig)

Focus on improving your 60' time. Do you have relocation brackets? You also need single adjustable rear shocks. I use Strange single adjustables. The lowering springs don't help for drag racing either.

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
Stock rear gear and my tune was missing out on some low torque i think. I know 60ft is what i need to work on. I dont have relo brackets yet. The springs i run arnt good for drag i know. Goofy set up

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back