Dyno and 1/4 mile opinions.

Discussion in 'Drag Racing Tech Discussion & Timeslips' started by miltonmegilliii, Apr 13, 2018.

1. miltonmegilliii

miltonmegilliii Learning the ways.

Just looking to get your input on a few things. I recently had my 3v on dyno jet. Sae smoothing 5. Came out to 315/324. this seems a bit low to me considering my mods. IF this is true. And saying i have lowered my weight atleast 100lbs. What should i expect for a 1/4 time.

2005 gt 3v 5spd
    K&n cai
    62mm throttle body
    Equal length shortys
    Off road xpipe
    Slp loud mouth
    Under drive pullies
    Hotrod cams
    Custom dyno tune 93oct
    On 305/35/18 nt555r

20180320_172949_HDR.jpg

2. redfirepearlgt

redfirepearlgt forum member

once again a dyno is a comparison device. What did it make initially and what does it make now with the mods. The difference between the two is your result not the final number. Few dyno's produce similar results. They aren't calibration certified via a department of weights and measures standard. The same applies to a bathroom scale. Step on one and you will weight different than you do on the next one. It's the before and after from the same scales that tell you what your weight loss success has been.

How the car transfers power to the ground without blowing the tires off is what will be one of the two biggest factors in ET. Driver ability will be the other. Slap a pair of 26" quality DR's on the car and go have a good time.

testcase likes this.
  3. miltonmegilliii

I understand dynos are a tool and all that. I asked for a before and after but never got the before sheet. I was asking for a comparitive not an exact answer. I was looking to see what others were putting down and what they were running with similar setups. No need to rant

4. Marble

Marble forum member

Its because there are too many variables to answer your question.

Driver
    Track
    Conditions
    Power of car
    Tires

Under great conditions, with a good tire designed only for the track, and everything else working, [email protected] 104-108. That is based off of what I've seen others with similar mods run. Again, probably the most important factor is the driver and tire. Having nothing to compare to is just difficult.

5. miltonmegilliii

I posted all the mods including hp/tq and tires nitto nt555r drag radials. But if the question is too vague still my bad. I thought i had enough info.

6. redfirepearlgt

:sad72:
    :sad72:

WHO THE HECK WAS RANTING? JEEZ! Did my little piece of feedback required a crisis counselor for you to cope? Get a hold of yourself. BUT SINCE YOU ACCUSED ME OF IT I'LL RANT NOW SO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE! Below is ranting, post #2 was informative.

GET YOUR BUTT TO THE TRACK WITH THE CAR AND MAKE A FRICKIN PASS AND FIND OUT!!!! THAT'S WHAT MEN DO! THEY MODIFY A CAR AND TAKE IT TO THE TRACK AND SEE WHAT IT WILL DO IF THEY WANT TO KNOW! THE
    'WONDER IF'S' AND 'WHAT IF'S' GO TO WEBSITES WITH A DYNO SHEET WHINING ABOUT THE LOW NUMBERS, LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO PAT THEM ON THE HEAD, AND TELL THEM IT WILL DO SUB 11.50'S!!!

SO HERE IS YOUR LITTLE PAT ON THE HEAD, TAKE THE FRICKIN CAR TO THE TRACK AND FIND OUT!

OH AND HAVE SOME FUN!

testcase and travelers like this.
  7. miltonmegilliii

? And you say im the one with hurt feelings?

8. fdjizm

fdjizm Drag Queen

Between 13 and 15 seconds.

9. redfirepearlgt

YIP!

10. Mustang Mark

Mustang Mark forum member

Somewhere between 10 and 45 seconds.