Eboost 2 boost by gear??

Graham19922011

forum member
Reaction score
Turbosmart advertises boost by gear, but is only capable with micro switches... Which would be okay if I didn't have a stick car. I seen a youtube video of a bracket a company made to hit micro switches when you shift the car, but haven't found any luck on finding a bracket for a 05-09 Mustang. I'm really searching for a boost controller setup where i can have lower boost at lower gears/mph than higher gears/mph. Is anyone aware of such mounting bracket or a controller which gives me control of that. Any information is helpful!

Also, how exactly does the boost by time feature work on the Eboost 2? I've searched youtube with no luck.

Wraith

forum member
Reaction score
I can't offer you an answer to the above but will offer you the view I took on this controller when looking. It's a great unit with a equally great investment and features set. Where it started to break down for me was in the "will I really use it as much as I'd like to think I will". What I found is hardcore drag racers and 1/2 mile to 1 mile racers used the features to get max power down in a certain specific situation and condition.

Do I drag yes but literally less 1% of the time. Do I 1/2 mile yes literally less than 1% of the time. I opted for eboost street and will use the aux switch for high and low or "kill mode" and "really kill mode".

I haven't got all mine in yet but dos go through similar research prior and decide spending $285 gave me $$ for other stuff is all I'm preying to point out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graham19922011

forum member
Reaction score
I can't offer you an answer to the above but will offer you the view I took on this controller when looking. It's a great unit with a equally great investment and features set. Where it started to break down for me was in the "will I really use it as much as I'd like to think I will". What I found is hardcore drag racers and 1/2 mile to 1 mile racers used the features to get max power down in a certain specific situation and condition.

Do I drag yes but literally less 1% of the time. Do I 1/2 mile yes literally less than 1% of the time. I opted for eboost street and will use the aux switch for high and low or "kill mode" and "really kill mode".

I haven't got all mine in yet but dos go through similar research prior and decide spending $285 gave me $$ for other stuff is all I'm preying to point out

That's a pretty good way of thinking about it. I've recently found another company that sells a pretty much bare bones controller but it sets different psi settings when you push in the clutch... When you hold the clutch for over 1 second it goes into launch/reset mode. And when you go thru first and push the clutch to go to second it goes into boost setting 2, and so on. Seems really interesting but has NO features other than boost by gear. http://www.leashelectronics.com/Boost-Leash-gear-based-1-6-gears-BLGB.htm

Wraith

forum member
Reaction score
I saw that one too. Didn't really spend much time beyond looking at it.

Graham19922011

forum member
Reaction score
I saw that one too. Didn't really spend much time beyond looking at it.

I honestly think I'm gonna look into it a lot more. It is an extremely unique idea and I seem to fall into that. Although for $550.00 I wish it had the "safety features" the eboost 2 did. The pictures on their website look so plug and play but the wiring diagram he sent me looks cut and splice. There's no way it could be plug and play AND universal

stang910

forum member
Reaction score
I just bought a Blitz i-color because of it's features and one of them is boost by speed. I was also looking at a HKS EVC6-ir which also has this feature.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
I had the E boost before and it was okay. The way I understand how it works is it takes pressurized air from the outlet of the turbo and pushes it on the wastegate to have it open or close/faster or slower at different PSI setting. You can basically double the boost of your spring in your wastegate.

My .02...if you are drag racing with a turbo and stick car, you are going to be chasing boost the entire way down the strip. If you want this different PSI for different gears on the street, that might be pretty cool.

The really complex boost controlers are partially controlled through the PCM and tune and boost can be adjusted per gear, speed, time etc. And they cost thousands.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back