Email notifications of PM's ceased?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Received 5 PM's today and no email notifications and yes, I have it turned on :)

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are you checking your spam folder?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes I am, verified that the email notification is turned on; I had a PM this morning with no email notification.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
C'mon, Shaggy. He's been through this a hundred times before. Quit deflecting. This is a known issue so quit trying to make it like it's the user's fault.

What? I'm not deflecting. First I have seen an email issue from Greg. Come on Bryan.....how can asking Greg if he checked his spam folder be considered deflecting?

Yes I am, verified that the email notification is turned on; I had a PM this morning with no email notification.

If it's not in your spam folder, then it was blocked like several have been from my email server recently. Most go to the spam folder but some get completely blocked. Recently ISP(gmail, hotmail, aol, and so on) have been completely blocking emails being sent out from my server. I have been trying to get it fixed but with no luck. Hopefully soon(getting a new email IP) it's fixed. Sorry Greg.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Still not receiving the notifications, can someone look into it?

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
Weird. I got emails for the couple I received today

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Greg, having major issues with Verizon completely blocking emails be sent out via the server. I asked to be white listed and got a reply back that the IP was, but seems to not be working still. I will contact them again.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Greg, having major issues with Verizon completely blocking emails be sent out via the server. I asked to be white listed and got a reply back that the IP was, but seems to not be working still. I will contact them again.

Thanks, I have Verizon as well so that must be it.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know I'm still working on this. I put in a request to whitelist my email IP and waiting to see back.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yea, they continue to block the email IP. I am see about changing the whole email IP to a new one, as its not just Verizon giving me crap.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Shaggy,
Last year Google was blocking my outgoing emails. Anything I sent out routed through a gmail server was blocked and returned. I got absolutely nowhere trying to get it resolved and ended up getting a gmail account, giving up my old email address of over 10 years. That sucked, but Kimmer seemed to have a way of getting it resolved. I simply wasn't able to contact the correct people.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I will see what Kimmer did, but Verizon is giving me the most problems right now. They have a place on their site that will allow me to request my IP to be whitelisted, but they keep telling me its considered spam. Trying to get around that and see if I can talk to a human, but most I talk to have no idea how to white list my IP. I thinking of getting a new email IP to.

Gmail doesn't even have an option to request an IP white listing. Gmail isn't blocking my IP, but some of the emails are going straight to the users spam box. So if you have Gmail and haven't recieved an email from S197 in sometime, check your spam and click "Not Spam" to all other emails go to your inbox.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why it just started though, it worked fine up until about 2-3 weeks ago?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They were probably fine with it, then decided to block it.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
PM email notifications just started working today, better late then never, lol!

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
PM email notifications just started working today, better late then never, lol!

Nice! I guess they are starting to see that this site emails are not spam.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back