Exhaust Question(s).

d*rock

Reaction score
I'm going to get a set of Bassani long tube headers, a high flow x-pipe, and possibly (because I'm slightly anal about things matching) Bassani race axle backs.

My primary concern is that I've heard some of the bassani axle backs like to melt the rear diffuser on california special/GT500 rear fascias. Can anyone testify from their own experience how the Race mufflers fit on that specific rear fascia?

My second concern is sound. I have FRPP stingers with an otherwise stock exhaust system. I like the way the stingers sound, and as far as I can tell, they have no drone. How is the sound difference between the stingers and the bassani race mufflers? How much more volume am I looking at with the high flow cats and the long tubes? Videos speak much louder than text can justify. Please don't post "It's going to be raspy." I know that already.

Third concern is price. I've looked around, and ninosport seems to have the best pricing so far, and free shipping. I'm going to be getting a CAI/Tuner package from brenspeed prior to this set-up, so that my engine will be calibrated for the extra airflow. Any vendors want to make a good sized sale? I'm looking for a good deal!! :)

Any other thoughts/suggestions? Stainless vs BX or otherwise go ahead. I need help.

jaeusmc

Reaction score
I have the bassani o/r x-pipe and bassani ss axle backs and love it. I also have dynomax resonators and had them before this exhaust set up so not sure how much of a difference it makes. Personally I love the sound, this is my 3rd exhaust set up and I am finally satisfied. It has more of a hollowed smooth sound then a deep rumble. It's not raspy but that might be because of the resonators. I don't really know the best way to describe it, if I get a chance Ill try to get a soundclip for you on my digital camera. Here's one on youtube that sounds very much like my set up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJe8JzI7NtQ

jaeusmc

Reaction score
no I have the stainless steel axlebacks, not the race

d*rock

Reaction score
Ah, both the street and the race mufflers come in both the 304 (SS) and 409 (BX) steel options. Some of the places say that their either for the GT or GT500 and charge an arm and a leg more, but the inlet tubing is 2 1/2" on both so it's compatable. Anywho, what rear fascia do you have? Can't tell if that's the stock one from here.

jaeusmc

Reaction score
yea it's the stock rear fascia. fitment was okay, tips are aligned but they stick out about 1 1/2 inches from the bumper. the exhaust shown in my sig pic are SLP LM's I think. Went from flows, to LM's, to bassani's.

d*rock

Reaction score
Yeah, I've had quite a few axle backs myself. I had an 05 V6 mustang that I put a jba dual exhaust w/ h-pipe, then put SLP LMs on it, then I got my gt. Right after I got the GT, I put the LMs on it, and suprisingly enough, the V6 was louder. Then I got the FRPP stingers.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back