Extending compressor hose?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Has anyone extended their compressor hose? I want to mount the compressor in the spare tire location, my tank is mounted to the underside of the rear deck. I want the hose hidden so I need to extend it probably 3 ft.

Not sure if I could use the 3/8" hose and brass fittings that come with it for the external filter?

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
Just run a push to connect fitting on the end of the leaader hose, then fun a piece of 1/4 line to the tank.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Thanx, I ended up using the push 3/8th fittings and the 3/8 hose that came with the kit. So far so good!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You can get most all of your fittings and line at Lowe's or Home Depot in the plumbing department. I have a half dozen low pressure hydraulic lines (control lines) that run up to my upper controls in my bucket truck and there is about 18" of the lines exposed to hazards. When they break I have compression fittings from Lowe's that I use to fix the lines on the spot. Most hydraulic shops don't even carry that size stuff.

The push to connect fittings always seem to leak on me over time. All the air lines on my truck had them and I've been gradually swapping them out for compression fittings over the last 6 years. Still have about 30% push to connect fittings and at least a quarter of them leak.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back