First time running the 1/4...will it run 8.99

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
09 gt , 4r70, single turbo.....been 5.8x@118 thru the 1/8 on 18 psi at 1500 feet da. The 1/4 track im going to often sees negative to 100 ft da this time of year and a friend with a coyote runs 2 tenths quicker there to the 1/8 than he does at our home track. Gonna lock the converter for the first time as well. Will it do it?

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have the gear for it to go high 140's out the back? I'd bet that it will go mid 90's if you do.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
going to lock the converter in high gear and can turn it 72-7400 rpm

It's gonna go 90's for sure. Do you have the ability to lock in second? I've seen pretty good gains on ls cars I have tuned locking in second. Converter efficiency plays a big part of that though.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
It's gonna go 90's for sure. Do you have the ability to lock in second? I've seen pretty good gains on ls cars I have tuned locking in second. Converter efficiency plays a big part of that though.
with the fb controller i can only lock in 3rd but the good news is it goes into 3rd 2 car legenths before the 1/8

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
How's converter slip towards the top of second? Either way the car should back half well.

King Dingaling

Reaction score
Hate to hear it. Sounds like I could learn a thing or two about the trans controller. I have the Bauman and have not played with it to lock up during shifts like you but would love to get schooled on it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back