First Time To The Track On ET Streets

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I feel like I'm hooking on the 17" ET streets pretty well, but if I were to go with say 15" ers, would my 60' get better with no other changes or would that just allow me to launch at higher RPM's with better traction? I'd say 1.4xx range would be obtainable if I can get 1.51x on my current setup, right???

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
So an 11.00....?

UPR K member....jus sayin...

Depends on if I can get a smokin deal on one or what :naughty1: hint hint hint.

I can definitely work with you on that. First things first, we need to figure out a way to verify if it will work with your turbo kit. I'm not sure where to start on that one though.

I feel like I'm hooking on the 17" ET streets pretty well, but if I were to go with say 15" ers, would my 60' get better with no other changes or would that just allow me to launch at higher RPM's with better traction? I'd say 1.4xx range would be obtainable if I can get 1.51x on my current setup, right???

I'd say dropping a tenth by moving to 15" rear wheels sounds perfectly reasonable. Even more so if you put skinnies on the front. I don't know if that's compatible with your vision for the car, but there's no doubt you're leaving some ET on the table with your 17"/20" combo.

(still, I'm SUPER impressed with the numbers you're running)

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Thanks Sharad. I really didn't want to have to do the sway bar relocation deal. I don't know enough about it at this current point. Initially I was going for great handling and light track duty. I have a Sam Strano 3 way adjustable Sway in the rear. I am surely leaving some ET on the table with the wheel setup alone. After feeling how light the front wheels can be vs. my 55-60ish lb/side up front, it seems silly not to do it. For the amount of time I go to the track though, it seems silly to spend 1800 on strip tires and wheels though as well.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Sharad. I really didn't want to have to do the sway bar relocation deal. I don't know enough about it at this current point. Initially I was going for great handling and light track duty. I have a Sam Strano 3 way adjustable Sway in the rear. I am surely leaving some ET on the table with the wheel setup alone. After feeling how light the front wheels can be vs. my 55-60ish lb/side up front, it seems silly not to do it. For the amount of time I go to the track though, it seems silly to spend 1800 on strip tires and wheels though as well.

The swaybar relocation doesn't affect the functionality of the swaybar so it's definitely something I recommend, but I hear ya. There's a little more pride in running the number without completely changing everything. Plus there's the money issue.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Well this past weekend we had another rental at MIR and I finally broke into the 10's and I broke into the 1.4 range with a 1.496 on 17" ET streets. My question lies in the slip. I had a great speed but I feel like I'm missing something on the first half of the run or leaving something on the table. My previous best was the [email protected].

In the end I only ran .153 better with another 4mph trap and almost 1mph slower on the 1/8th? I realize that a better hook generally yields less speed, but thats under the same power.

I am not sure if Ray got my 10.918 run but here is a the 10.97 run. Let me know what you all think. Am I shifting too early on 1-2? I try to shift at 6 every time.

10.97 Run

1:51
11.071 Run

427-11071.jpg

20121012_153710.jpg

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
No not really. It felt good. It just seems like maybe I wasn't getting the same power in the lower gears as normal, but it really picked up on the big end????? I don't know I didn't really look at it too much until I saw what other people cutting 1.4's and trapping 128 were running.

Edit:
I went back and looked, I think I found my shortcomings. Most of the people with similar hook and speed are running faster because most are on Auto's. Guess I need to row faster

Last edited:

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
No not really. It felt good. It just seems like maybe I wasn't getting the same power in the lower gears as normal, but it really picked up on the big end????? I don't know I didn't really look at it too much until I saw what other people cutting 1.4's and trapping 128 were running.

Edit:
I went back and looked, I think I found my shortcomings. Most of the people with similar hook and speed are running faster because most are on Auto's. Guess I need to row faster

Lol yeah get on that bro.

It is weird though that your mph is lower in the 1/8 but much higher in the 1/4. I wouldn't think the 60' would hurt the 1/8 mph that much. Idk your setup that much. Are you running boost by gear?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Turbostangs90

forum member
Reaction score
You sure the boost wasn't creepin up a little more than normal? 4 more mph is a pretty big jump.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Guessing you didn't know my setup before and I didn't post changes to my setup in post #110. I have changed the pumps and injectors out for more capable pieces to run e85. I made another 10hp/20trq on slightly less boost as last time with only a degree or so of timing added back in. I didn't want to get agressive with the timing. Well at the track that day I turned up boost about another psi and only peaked 10.2 psi through the run. The previous 11.071 run actually had the wastegate dumping (now its returned) and would slowly creep up in 4th to over 10psi.

On the dyno the boost stayed level both before and after the e85. At the track before the boost would slowly creep up especially in 4th. This time it just hovered around 10psi in 4th going through the traps. I'm guessing at the track I was making somewhere on the neighborhood of 490/520

Turbostangs90

forum member
Reaction score
Guessing you didn't know my setup before and I didn't post changes to my setup in post #110. I have changed the pumps and injectors out for more capable pieces to run e85. I made another 10hp/20trq on slightly less boost as last time with only a degree or so of timing added back in. I didn't want to get agressive with the timing. Well at the track that day I turned up boost about another psi and only peaked 10.2 psi through the run. The previous 11.071 run actually had the wastegate dumping (now its returned) and would slowly creep up in 4th to over 10psi.

On the dyno the boost stayed level both before and after the e85. At the track before the boost would slowly creep up especially in 4th. This time it just hovered around 10psi in 4th going through the traps. I'm guessing at the track I was making somewhere on the neighborhood of 490/520

I knew your combo before. I seen your sig had changed and you switched to E85 and the different injectors...I just didnt think that was enough to pick up the 4mph, which is where another psi of boost comes in to play.

Turbostangs90

forum member
Reaction score
From a better launch. Your 60' is better, which cost you the 1mph in the 1/8th. Turbo cars tend to turn on after the 1/8th anyways.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back