For anyone who reinstalled faux gas caps...

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
How did you retape it?? I was thinking individual strips of 3M and exacto knifing them to the round shape? Any better ideas??

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
How did you retape it?? I was thinking individual strips of 3M and exacto knifing them to the round shape? Any better ideas??

Yeah i did that with mine before trade I'n .

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
weatherstripping glue...good idea! thanks. I was afraid it might take paint off if i used a harsher adhesive, but my goofy ass didn't think of weatherstripping glue :)

allinon72

forum member
Reaction score
I was able to get mine off to where the tape was still attached to the emblem, so I just reheated the adhesive with a heat gun and reapplied it.

Black_GT

SIIXVII
Reaction score
The one I painted black was a new oem one off ebay I got for $5 shipped. It had unused double sided tape on it.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I just applied the good 3m tape all around it. Holding strong for 18 months.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
I am going to be doing this on both GT's. I bought some strong 3M double sided tape, 1/2 inch. Should work just fine.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
it'll work but using an exacto knife to cut strips across is tedious! was hoping for a better solution. Is weather stripping safe on the paint?

CaliforniaSpecial

forum member
Reaction score
I used the smaller strips of 3m double sided tape but didn't use an exacto knife to cut all the way around. I just cut the strips just short enough that they didn't need to be trimmed. Should be plenty enough holding strength especially with the two posts that snap in place.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back