Forging the 2012

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I used the Roush vent pod on my 2010..for the Roush boost gauge. It uses the extreme left vent pod ( round) and you still get air coming out, around the boost gauge. The gauge is angled slightly towards the driver, it's also illuminated at night, and gets dimmed /brighter with the same dimmer control used for the dash lights. The 3 x aeroforce gauges are mounted on a SOS (speed of sound) A pillar. The old A pillar comes out in about 5 secs. New A pillar is OEM, but with the 2-3 gauge pods installed. You can get em in either a 2 or 3 pod setup. The aeroforce gauges in my case, just plug into the OBD port, so it was a simple matter to route the 3 x gauge cables down through the hole left when oem A pillar is removed. New A pillar covers up the same oem hole.

You can also mount 3 x gauges up on top of the dash, in that indented recess.... using the Boss-302 gauge pod. That recess is the same on the 10-14 cars.

I use the roush boost gauge for boost of course. The aeoforce gauges read up to 32 other parameters, like IAT etc, etc. They come with 2 x aux inputs. for stuff not included on the obd... like an external oil pressure sensor, oil temp sensor, coolant temp sensor ( like for the coolant in the HE / IC loop)..and anything else you can think of.

Last edited:

JG-1

forum member
Reaction score
I love the boss 302 gauge pod but it's so damn expensive and doesn't even include a boost gauge. Love the look of it though. I wish I could find a deal on it.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
VMP should arrive mid week I'm hoping. I just ordered the Sai Li fuel system as well.

For you guys that run blowers/turbos, do you use boost and oil pressure gauges? Or is that too Rice?
Awesome man! do you still have the 4.10's like you sig says you do?

JG-1

forum member
Reaction score
Yup! And I plan to keep them too. I love the gearing and will run it after supercharging.

With the Gen 3 blower and 88mm pulley (12-13psi), E85 and 1 7/8" Long tubes I'm hoping to make a little over 700 at the wheel.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Yup! And I plan to keep them too. I love the gearing and will run it after supercharging.

With the Gen 3 blower and 88mm pulley (12-13psi), E85 and 1 7/8" Long tubes I'm hoping to make a little over 700 at the wheel.
It'll be wild, that's for sure!

travelers

Reaction score
I also have the Roush vent gauge for my aeroforce gauge. I did pick up the Boss 302 center pod with no gauges so I can pick what I want in there. Much cheaper then with Ford gauges, that you can get separate. They do make a boost gauge with Fords name on it. I'm not going to cut a hole in my dash for it, I'm going to run the wires to the defrost duck and down from there. Good velcro will hold it in place.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

Jegs has it on sale for $96.67, another $10 off when using the promo code SAVE30, then $9.99 shipping brings it to $96.66

https://www.jegs.com/i/Ford-Performance/397/M-6304GPOD-A/10002/-1

I just looked up a bunch of pictures for this thing, I liked it until I saw it installed.
And one 2-star review on Jegs where a guy received his all scratched up due to Ford's poor packaging, and a replacement was even worse.
I was excited until I saw the installed pics and the bad review.
I personally don't like how it looks installed. Reminds me of the robot Johnny Five from the movie Short Circuit

JG-1

forum member
Reaction score
NM I see they sell for $275 each. Ouch.

If I were putting together my ala carte boss pod, what other two gauges (besides boost) would be best for a boosted car?

JG-1

forum member
Reaction score
It looks like the boss 302 gauge pod pack includes a wiring harness that you don't get if you piece it together separately

travelers

Reaction score
I think the one for the 05-09 looks better, but I haven't seen any around.

I get both Boost and IATs in one gauge.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
So for $1000 less you can buy the housing without the 3 gauges? Are the gauges THAT much money? Doesn't sound right.

Nobody buys the $1200.00 Boss 302 pod..with the ford 3 gauges. Just the pod... which used to be dirt cheap, like $79.00 from AM just a few years ago.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get a pillar pod and use an nGauge for the rest of your gauge needs:

IMG_2730-L.jpg

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
:D nice. I remember when my 1.9 showed up... oh the possibilities!!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back