Front bumper damage

saintsfan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got some pretty bad damage to my front bumper and I was curious if there's any way to repair this. The car spent all of its life in the South Louisiana/Texas sun. I'm not sure what caused the damage though. If you can't tell by the photo, the damage is definitely rough to the touch.

Anyone seen anything like this? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3227.jpg
    IMG_3227.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3225.jpg
    IMG_3225.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3223.jpg
    IMG_3223.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 44

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Sand and repaint I'm afraid. My guess is the clear coat has deteriorated. You might try like some 2000 grit wet sand, rubbing comp then polishing comp and a cleaner wax to see if it improves any. If not, time for a respray of the bumper.

28ONE

Reaction score
Hard to say but my guess is your clearcoat is failing. If that's the case, gonna need a repaint man

saintsfan

Reaction score
Bummer, I figured it was going to be too much for me to fix. I have been on the fence on picking up a GT/CS bumper, so this may be the last bit needed to go that way.

I appreciate the responses

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
The CS bumper looks sick, especially on a Bullitt. Aren't the around $400 painted? That's not too bad. A body shop would problem repaint a used one DHG for less than $200 as well

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I paid about $300 to have my CS bumper painted. I chose one of the best shops in town and they aren't cheap. They did an awesome job.

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Where are you going to get it painted at? Or DIY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
It looks kind of like severe oxidation and that is possible to correct with the right experience and technique but more then likely you ll need a repaint.

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
I'm guessing clearcoat failure. Looks like a respray is in your future.

saintsfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.

Durr, I actually live in Houston now. I haven't begun to look yet, but if I get it taken care of soon, I'll come back and show some photos!

claudermilk

Reaction score
Like the others have said, it looks to me like clearcoat failing. Resembles what I saw on my old black car. Repaint is probably all that can be done.

gothamite302

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.

Durr, I actually live in Houston now. I haven't begun to look yet, but if I get it taken care of soon, I'll come back and show some photos!

It looks like oxidation, if you're lucky you can compound it out then polish. The positive part of that is that it's worth trying because if you mess it up, you're no worse off and still looking at a repaint.

What part of Houston are you in?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back