front runners. which ones?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
cjtenney said:
do you have to run rim screws or not? or is it one or the other (rim screws or tubes)? id rather not run rim screws, id rather just buy the tubes if that will take care of it, but I also dont want the tire to spin on the rim (which is probably wont since im still NA w/ basic bolt ons and cams) any suggestions?

FWIW, I've never run tubes or screws in mine. No problems so far.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run rim screws, but that is only because I have alot more power then Don will ever have.

For any 60' times above 1.50 I wouldn't even worry about it.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought the rim screws were used for two reasons:

1) if you are running tubes, run rim screws to keep the tire from turning, which could damage the valve stem of the tube and you would loose air pressure.

2) even if your not running tubes, to keep the tire from turning on the rim, all though most do not have to worry about this unless you are running low 60' times combined with low air pressure, which would make it easier for the tire to spin on the wheel.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I thought the rim screws were used for two reasons:

1) if you are running tubes, run rim screws to keep the tire from turning, which could damage the valve stem of the tube and you would loose air pressure.

2) even if your not running tubes, to keep the tire from turning on the rim, all though most do not have to worry about this unless you are running low 60' times combined with low air pressure, which would make it easier for the tire to spin on the wheel.
Actually......that's the main reason. Period.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back