FRPP Recaro Seats M-63660005-ME

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
So the latest FRPP Recaro Seats P/N: M-63660005-ME are designed to fit the s550 not the s197. After doing a little research I've learned this is not a huge deal. I have a plan and in the end it'll be totally worth it.

I want to give a huge thanks to Scott and Steve@Tasca!

These seats are well crafted and look freaking awesome!

I'll be sure to document the complete install...

For now, enjoy some photos....

Making room for the new seats..
20180508_191434.jpg

Surprising these survived shipping as the packaging was less then sufficient...
20180516_171048.jpg

20180516_191841.jpg
20180516_211150.jpg
Oh yeah, and my original OEM seats will be going up for sale if anybody's interested..

Adam

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
I’m sure those were a pretty penny. A guy on FB did this and he said he paid about 3k or something crazy like that for his.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Scott did this, hopefully he will check in there and post some pics of how he did it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Humanoid

Reaction score
Those seat look awesome! Keep us posted on how it goes and what it takes to make them fit.

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
I have completed the install into my 2005 Mustang!!

Overall the conversion was not that difficult; You will need to modify the wiring and mounting brackets to fit the model year of your car. I chose to transfer ALL the 05 wiring, sensors and hardware over to the new seats. The passenger is a bit more work due to the OCS bladder and supporting sensors. Here is how I went about it. I apologize my Cell died during some of this work so I am missing photos...

First, you will need to remove plastic mounting bracket covers and set them aside:
mFwVCba.jpg

Then you need to cut off the the front mounting brackets:
3dghsLQ.jpg

uRJSwRR.jpg

I hand filed and painted the rails after, so they look like new again:
dOrsbuD.jpg

Then you will need to remove the two alignment dowels located on the rear mounting brackets; I used a 1/4" Drill bit and vice-grips - easy.
OeMUzy4.jpg

7iLvEZ5.jpg

Then I decided to reuse my front mounting brackets off my 05 seats. In-order to do this I needed determine how and where to bolt them to the rails, I took measurements and found a perfect location, all I had to do was modify the opening to a "D" shape so it could accept a modified carriage bolt.

Bolt location:
g9MJqgt.png

Bolt:
U8DiNbr.jpg

Bracket installed:
AN5bwfp.jpg

Shown in car:
iQxHMkT.jpg

I then moved on to the wiring. I removed the wiring from both the FRPP/Recaro seats and the 05 OEM seats:

FRPP/Recaro wire harness (passenger side)
37FAbgx.jpg

OEM 05 Wire harness (passenger side)
bdPkcOE.jpg

Determined the 05 OSC Bladder would not work in the new seats so I move on to the next option.

Using a pair of medical hose shut off clamps I blocked the hose and cut the line so I could swap out the sensor - be careful not to loose any oil and induce air into the system. This method seemed to work well.
ypgutaH.jpg

VxqcazA.jpg

OCS and wire conversion complete:
WWPl3Oo.jpg

tXeHQlC.jpg

wpnfEIy.jpg

On to a Cosmetic touch - I modified the front plastic mounting bracket covers so they could still be applied to the rails, looks good.
VRFHpqG.jpg

vIt3yh2.jpg

Y2Va1FM.jpg

WDn0vSG.jpg

Seats installed:
uibp2ng.jpg

cloijoF.jpg

SgJb1Uy.jpg

ayrmflu.jpg

Overall these seats look great, they hold you tight with plenty of support. It takes a tad more fuss to get in and out of, your knees are a tad higher and they might not provide great comfort for extended road trips (TBD). They are a bit larger than the OEM's and leave no room for a back seat occupants so a rear seat delete install may be in my near future.

Adam

Last edited:

Speedfreak

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you for the write up & pics! I want to swap out my OEM seats for the Recaros too in the future and this will definitely help. Just concerned with the rear occupants space though. Both my boys sit at the back. I don’t want them to get squeezed for leg room with the Recaros installed.

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you for the write up & pics! I want to swap out my OEM seats for the Recaros too in the future and this will definitely help. Just concerned with the rear occupants space though. Both my boys sit at the back. I don’t want them to get squeezed for leg room with the Recaros installed.

If you move the seats All the Way Forward you'll likely have enough room for a small adult or a child to fit but it will be tight.

This picture was one taken with the seat all the way back I'll try to get a photo with the seat all the way forward.

20180519_120445.jpg

Speedfreak

forum member
Reaction score
If you move the seats All the Way Forward you'll likely have enough room for a small adult or a child to fit but it will be tight.

This picture was one taken with the seat all the way back I'll try to get a photo with the seat all the way forward.

Thanks for that! Did the wires from the ‘05 seat plug straight into the Recaros or did you have to modify them?

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for that! Did the wires from the ‘05 seat plug straight into the Recaros or did you have to modify them?

I installed all of my 05 OEM wiring including the seatbelt latches. Also, keep in mind thease seats come with side airbags and my 05 was not quipped with airbags so I reused the resistors..

Perhaps next year I'll get the necessary hardware and sensors to utilize the side airbags..

askusmc

Reaction score
They look awesome in your Mustang! Thanks for the pics and details.
Mine arrived a few days ago and I can't wait to install them. I got mine from Don Wood Ford due to their price was less than ebay or other places.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back