FRPP Recaro Seats M-63660005-ME

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
DUDE! I am so glad you posted this! I have some 2015 s550 seats I am trying to fit AT THIS VERY MOMENT and was getting discouraged. I have the seat set in my passenger side right now, but my passenger side was a manual seat, no power. I am not one hundred percent sure that the 11 wires going to the stock seat will have everything needed for the new power passenger seat. However, the hardware mounting instructions you provided are encouraging. Your seats are exactly like my new ones just not the recaro backs. Mine came out of a 2015 roush. (They look heated too?) Will it be ok if I PM you on the side for any tips? I can post pictures too.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. My 2015 seats are both power seats. My 2007 seats are 1 power and 1 manual. It seems that will be another hurdle I have to figure out that yours didn't cause you to run into. >.>

Last edited:

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
Vallee, what was the measurement between the front side of both rails that bolt down? My 2015 roush seats seem to be about 2 inches wider on center than my stock seats. It looks like it is going to prevent me from using the stock mounting brackets from my old passenger seats.

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
Vallee, what was the measurement between the front side of both rails that bolt down? My 2015 roush seats seem to be about 2 inches wider on center than my stock seats. It looks like it is going to prevent me from using the stock mounting brackets from my old passenger seats.

Hey,

Sorry for the delay...

You would be correct in noticing that the rail spacing is noticeably wider, but I don't recall as much as 2". Let me measure them tomorrow. I can tell you (not documented) I ended up removing and slotting my oem bracket mounting holes to get the front seat and rail alignment right on. If you want the alignnent perfict, you will need to do same. I'll see if I can dig up some photos to better illiterate.

Adam

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
Hey,

Sorry for the delay...

You would be correct in noticing that the rail spacing is noticeably wider, but I don't recall as much as 2". Let me measure them tomorrow. I can tell you (not documented) I ended up removing and slotting my oem bracket mounting holes to get the front seat and rail alignment right on. If you want the alignnent perfict, you will need to do same. I'll see if I can dig up some photos to better illiterate.

Adam

You are awesome. While waiting I finished mocking them up. I have a buddy who will weld them up tomorrow after work. Then ill clean them and spray them again.

As for the power, I got that figured out too. I was not able to take pictures due to time crunch and coughing brains out. However! It is only 4 bolts and a connector to remove if anyone ever needs them.

My situation was different from yours. Both of my seat were power seats and heated/ac. My car did NOT have power seats on passenger side, but did on driver side. I spliced into a smaller power and ground wire for now on passenger side, but ill have to hunt a harness or make a pair run from factory location on the fuse box soon. The power wire i grabbed was on a 10a circuit and is to get me through until i have what i need. (Sorry, typing on phone and fingers getting tired.)

Anyways, driver side works in all six directions along with lumbar with just using the default power and ground for the original seat. Passenger has the six direction adjustment working on the slave circuit i borrowed. (Didn't have lumbar anyway.)

Your thread gave me enough assurance to move forward with cutting up my old seats, stealing their harnesses, and getting the new ones installed. Thank you. Lol

Oh and keywords below so internets can find this. Lol

2015 1016 2017 S550 seats in s197 power

cholmes1

Reaction score
Anti,

Were you able to take photos of the harness swap? The original photos are sporadically down.

Thanks,
Charles

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Unrelated: I wish I could contact a fake chinese seat manufacturer and start a run of knock off GT350R seats. They are trading for 9 grand on ebay. :|

Nicholas G

Reaction score
Hey guys question, I can’t seem to find a place to post. I bought a 2014 mustang gt with the driver + passenger airbag blown along with the steering wheel and driver side seatbelt. I disconnected the battery then replaced everything plugged it all back in checked fuses and turned on the car and my airbag light is on. I checked the passenger seat first to see if the airbag would turn on and it didn’t. The light saying passenger airbag light stays on and won’t turn off when I sit in the seat. I’m thinking maybe it has to do with the calibration of the bladder in the seats? Btw they are the manual recaro seats. Any info helps!

NewS197guy

Reaction score
HOLY SMOKES those are AMAZING seats!

Where did you get them from?

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Hey guys question, I can’t seem to find a place to post. I bought a 2014 mustang gt with the driver + passenger airbag blown along with the steering wheel and driver side seatbelt. I disconnected the battery then replaced everything plugged it all back in checked fuses and turned on the car and my airbag light is on. I checked the passenger seat first to see if the airbag would turn on and it didn’t. The light saying passenger airbag light stays on and won’t turn off when I sit in the seat. I’m thinking maybe it has to do with the calibration of the bladder in the seats? Btw they are the manual recaro seats. Any info helps!

FYI, if all you did was replace all parts that were activated\blown then you haven't done enough as you will need to get the RCM (restraints control module or sometimes referred to as the airbag module) replaced\reprogrammed so the SRS (supplemental restraint system) module (the module that monitors all seat belts, airbags, steering column, etc) can report all operational status along w\ any part's DTC failure codes to the RCM which will then report to the IC (instrument control panel) module if all is good & operational which the IC module will then turn off the MIL (airbag light).

If you go to the Ford dealer they'll tell you that you'll have to order a replacement RCM module then have them to R&R it then reprogram the new module w\ vehicle VIN to match your vehicle before the system can become fully functional again due to the RCM module being a 1-use item (can't be reset after a deployment) as this module is the 1 that triggers any\all safety devices to deploy when it receives any signals from the remote crash impact sensors placed in front, sides & rear of vehicle based on which sensor(s) sent the signal (the RCM module itself has the rollover sensor installed within itself) & will charge you accordingly. This RCM module should be located within the rear of center console mounted on the vehicle unibody & you'll need to remove the seats as well as the console to access it.

If you want to save some money you can go to this web site: www.myairbags.com as this company can repair\reset deployed RCM modules, seat belts, pyrotechnic sensors, etc to restore the full system to full operational functionality for a fraction of the cost by repairing the deployed parts themselves. You'll have to pay to ship the defective parts in to them as their prices don't include shipping to them, only shipping the repaired parts back to you. This company works w\ rebuilders & auto body repair\restore shops to return these safety systems to full functionality in salvage rebuilt vehicles or collision repairs but will service individual needs as well & they offer a 100% money back guarantee on all repairs.

Or you'll have to go thru the dealership or an auto body repair shop that has access to the Ford IDS software & VCM module to have it done.....

If you don't have 1 it will save you a LOT of time & headache to invest in a full function OBDII\system scan tool that can perform general OBDII scans & a full system scan of all individual system modules in car for any set system DTC codes (erases them as well) & can run system operational status tests so that you'll know if there are any more failed items left unaddressed (such as the steering column pyrotechnic sensor or collapsible steering column sensor that is mounted on the steering column that the RCM will deploy at the same time it deploys the driver side airbag in the steering wheel.....Ford won't sell you a new sensor, only sell you a new steering column w\ new sensor....even if the "deployed" steering column is perfectly fine w\ no damage to it. This company will repair the sensor as it is removeable saving you the costs of a new steering column assembly), such as the Autel MD808Pro which I have (can get from Amazon).

I just got done repairing all this myself last month on my wife's '09 Lincoln MKS that we bought as a salvage rebuilt vehicle a while back thus why I'm posting to help you out (been there, done that). Had RCM module repaired\reset, DS airbag & clockspring replaced, steering column pyrotechnic sensor & DS retractable seat belt assembly & buckle repaired from scan tool DTC results from a full system scan using the scan tool mentioned above then verified fixed & operational thru follow up scan after repairs made & MIL off.

Hope this helps.

Nicholas G

Reaction score
Ah yes I forgot to mention I did have the rcm sent in and reset all the hard codes. I invested in a srs scan tool that then stated an issue with the sensor but then I cleared the codes and it all went away. Happy ending for now lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back