Fuel trim readings

46addict

Reaction score
DOA? Dead on arrival? That's really unfortunate. For $200 you would think it lasts longer than a few thousand miles. Any chance this was from an over oiled air filter or a leaking blower?

I guess I'll keep the receipts and hope for the best with their CS if something goes wrong. Thanks for the heads up.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
No we checked the MAF for blockage and then took an ohm meter to it and found the ground was faulting. Nothing to do but send it back. The 2nd one started having issues about 2,000 miles and 6 months into use. The datalog showed the maf was going dead intermitintly. You'd see a steady MAF voltage curve and then flatline for a second then spike and correct, then a minute later flatline again. We double checked the MAF harness to make sure it wasn't bad wiring, everything was they way it was supposed to be. The SCT MAF never had issues after the HPX. He ran it for 2 years til he sold the car.

I'm not saying you'll have issues, but we did. Ultimately, VMP took care of him, but not without some back n forth with CS. At one point they had him by the teeth as he had mailed the MAF back and would not issue him a refund, so he had no MAF and was out several hundred bucks. Never a pleasant position to be in.

But yes, always hang on to receipts and document any issues along the way, not only for diagnostics but in the event you have a CS encounter, you're not trying to just recall from memory.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back