Gas tanks air deflectors / shields

AztroRover

Reaction score
Hello, Anyone know the part number or name of the rubber defectors our cars have just before the gas tanks on both sides? They are thick rubber square pieces, pictures below. Mine are dry brittle and one literally broke off in my hand. I have searched around and found only part number for the brackets that hold the rubber pieces in place, but not the actual rubber pieces.

Part numbers I found were: BR3Z-9B007-B and #-C, look like just the metal brackets that hold the rubber in place.

These are still hanging on:
upload_2023-5-23_9-15-34.jpeg
This one came off in my hand. Remind me of thick tire rubber.
upload_2023-5-23_9-16-20.jpeg
This side, they are completely broken off.
upload_2023-5-23_9-24-7.jpeg

DieHarder

Reaction score
Not that I don't like OEM but if it's not available you could use pieces from an old tire or thick plastic. They're primarily there to protect the gas tank. As long as the material is thick/strong/flexible it should do the job.

JC SSP

Reaction score
I removed those when I did my subframe connectors. They were falling apart too...

As suggested, get some 1/4" rubber mat or plexiglass and pop-rivet them in place. Should hold up longer than factory.

DieHarder

Reaction score
You know what might work pretty well and about the right size would be the rubber paddles you can buy for single stage snowblowers and not that expensive. Last pair I bought for my Toro was about $20.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back