Gauge located

TheFourSixThatCould

Reaction score
So I recently got my second aftermarket gauge for oil psi. I don’t personally like the A pillar or the middle dash mount locations. Can everyone show me their setups? I REALLY want a triple gauge panel that is where the radio is. So a single din radio on top and triple gauges under it but u can’t find anywhere that makes that’s. Thanks!

IMG_6879.jpeg
This is exactly what I’m looking for

cavero

forum member
Reaction score

TheFourSixThatCould

Reaction score
Found a listing for a car that has "Evolution sport -gauge panel" listed

You might also be able to get a single din dash kit and a universal gauge panel and make something work
That’s where the screen shot is haha. The only Evolution sports I could find makes like ATV quad parts tho.

07 Boss

Reaction score

Google is your friend.

07 Boss

Reaction score
One of the big reasons why we mount gauges on the center console or A-pillar is the ability to see them without taking your eyes off of the road. Staring down trying to get a reading off of a 2 1/16" gauge at speed might just be enough to miss something.

Another trick us old school guys do is we clock the gauges so the needle points straight up when it is at it's normal or preferred readings. This way at a glance you can scan the gauges and see everything is good by the position of the needle as opposed to actually reading numbers of the gauge face. My last set of gauges were the autometer elite series which are cool in that fact that you can set different range parameters to display certain colors. When I'm racing all of my gauges turn green when they are within normal racing parameters. They are normally blue and then turn red for low or non-normal readings. That way without even looking I can see everything is in the green and good to go without actually trying to read a gauge.

KLJ777

Reaction score
I have the 3 gauge pod in the pic above. I now want a trans temp gauge and am looking for a place to mount my 4th gauge.
Dont want to do a piller mount as I would have 2 open holes :) Thoughts ??

TheFourSixThatCould

Reaction score

Google is your friend.

Yes, I’ve tried the top one it doesn’t fit. And at first I thought the one in the video was 1 piece and just bolts right in. Now I relive it looks home made

07 Boss

Reaction score
I have the 3 gauge pod in the pic above. I now want a trans temp gauge and am looking for a place to mount my 4th gauge.
Dont want to do a piller mount as I would have 2 open holes :) Thoughts ??

For a trans temp gauge I might stick it somewhere on the center console. It's one of those gauges that you will probably not look at while actually racing but maybe while staging or what not so I might not be inclined to mount it up high. I'm sure you could find some sort of single pedestal mount to use. Or if you are road racing or want it more visible you can do a single dash vent pod or maybe right in-between the vents where I have my A/F gauge. I used a 2" hole saw and just widened it a bit with a dremel. There is some shit you gotta clear out behind it but I just cut a void through whatever plastic shit was back there.

AHaze

Reaction score
This is another option. Sorry about the sideways pic, not sure why it's doing that. I have my wideband mounted in the other center vent. I actually prefer the look and function of the center pod posted above by 07 Boss but I wasn't willing to put holes in my dash.
20200427_164947_001.jpg

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find anything that's already put together like what's the picture in the first post. I tried the three gauge pod on top of the dash, but it interferes with my vision when autocrossing. I bought a single DIN gauge pod that should work with minor modifications with the American International FMK540 stereo installation dash kit. I should know later today.

Reaction score
I was able to make the single DIN gauge pod work. I went with the carbon fiber one. It was a little too wide so I used a dremel to trim the the width of the gauge pod. I also used a dremel to trim around the gauge in the dash kit.

The side brackets in the dash kit holds the gauge pod in place so I didn't need to glue anything. Everything seems to fit together really well and I haven't noticed anything moving, but I have only driven the car once with it installed.

MustangGauge.jpg

DieHarder

Reaction score
That actually looks pretty good. I went in a little different direction... good end result IMHO. Used VLS Air Intake/ Compressed Temps; AEM Boost/AFR, and Innovate dual gauge pods (Oil Temp/Pressure; Volts/Water Temp). The gauge POD for the review mirror was custom made by a guy named Zac using original light pods. He calls it the ZPod. Think I got the last one. Tried to get another manufacture to make them. Found out the OEM Pod is the only one that'll hold up due to what's it made of (glass embedded fibers I think). The plastic version we tried to make just break at the connectors. No problems using the review mirror either.

IMG-2058.jpg

IMG-1539.jpg

IMG-1546.jpg

uze6umu8.jpg

yte7ydy5.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
The gauge pod above the rearview mirror looks great. I would be a buyer for one of those if you find anyone else that will make one.

DieHarder

Reaction score
The gauge pod above the rearview mirror looks great. I would be a buyer for one of those if you find anyone else that will make one.
Yeah, understand. I tracked the guy down a few years back and he just happened to have one he hadn't finished yet and sent it to me. I had to finish it but totally worth it. You could recreate the same thing using plastic pipe from a hardware store using a donor light pod but it may be hit/miss without an original to copy from. The gauges press fit into the pod perfectly.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
That’s where the screen shot is haha. The only Evolution sports I could find makes like ATV quad parts tho.
Yup, I did a Google image search, they went pretty literal. I think you're probably going to have to make something with a single DIN radio dash mount and a universal gauge panel

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back