Gear for TR6060 w/ turbo, and wtf is a WOT box??

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Best gear for TR6060 and turbo are __________________.

Because__________________________________.

AND...

wtf is a WOT box?

powershifting feature???

:wtf:

Shades

Reaction score
Scroll down...it's all in there..i'm pretty sure power shifting feature is referring to the no-lift shift feature and if you scroll down in that link it'll tell you all about it..

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
doood...its the best shit since sliced bread,lol.

WOTBOX = 2 step which is a MUST for turbo/manual at the track!! i build 5 psi just sitting at a dead stop,coming off the line is very FUN now!!

powershifting = not letting off the gas, the wotbox cuts the ignition for a split second soon as you press in the clutch, giving you enough time to shift without letting off the gas pedal,pretty much allowing you to shift in half the time.

this is how it goes,pull up to the line and push the clutch in, then floor the gas,the car will rev limit to 4krpm (which is adjustable with a laptop),when the go light comes on just let out the clutch....keep holding in the gas and just push in the clutch/shift until you hit the 1320 mark.

Brn N Rubr

forum member
Reaction score
You don't need a WOT box to powershift. The two-step would be quite handy for a turbo car though.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What else is next.... they make a box to steer the car too?

Chad how much jam do you plan on making? what size tire you going to run?

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can shift with out lifting off the gas I thought everyone did that already????...And it has a 2 step for launching...What are you missing?

So... it IS for those that cannot drive.

Not missing a thing ;)

What else is next.... they make a box to steer the car too?

ZACKLY what I was thinking!

Chad how much jam do you plan on making? what size tire you going to run?

Gonna stay w/ 27" I have now... I dont wanna change TOO much TOO soon. I hope to have the swap done/TOOND end of April(ish). Leave on 4.56's for break in (keep load off engine). Try 3.55's after about 1000-1500 miles (ie, 1 week).

Thanks a million.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
it's for people who can shift too. I had no problem power shifting the 6060 without the WOTbox but when the WOTbox cuts the ignition it feels like you took your foot off the gas. Helps keep boost between shifts and a lot easier on the trans (so N2MB says). The duration that the ignition is cut is programmable. It took a while for me to find the right setting but when I did it worked perfect. I highly recommend it.
The 2-step is great too. They recently added a nitrous window switch feature to it as well I think.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it's for people who can shift too. I had no problem power shifting the 6060 without the WOTbox but when the WOTbox cuts the ignition it feels like you took your foot off the gas. Helps keep boost between shifts and a lot easier on the trans (so N2MB says). The duration that the ignition is cut is programmable. It took a while for me to find the right setting but when I did it worked perfect. I highly recommend it.
The 2-step is great too. They recently added a nitrous window switch feature to it as well I think.

1. Where you faster with the WOT box? 2. More consistant?

Id have to guess no on the first and maybe on the second.

After scattering one TR6060, I can see its value; using a clutch w/ too much metal for my application... slid it too much, and welded it to flywheel. No WOT box could have saved the carnage of that next shift.

Cant use 2step in SST; and I dont think WOT box either.

stang910

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed a WOTbox on my car about 2 weeks ago and it helps make the shifts alot smoother on a WOT shift. Under WOT there used to be times when I'd get locked out of a gear and so far I haven't been locked out yet.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
1. Where you faster with the WOT box? 2. More consistant?

Id have to guess no on the first and maybe on the second.

After scattering one TR6060, I can see its value; using a clutch w/ too much metal for my application... slid it too much, and welded it to flywheel. No WOT box could have saved the carnage of that next shift.

Cant use 2step in SST; and I dont think WOT box either.

It wouldn't have helped with the clutch issue bit I think it does help save synchros.

No faster but a lot more consistent. It was a little extra insurance that I'd hit the gears.
It will be illegal in no electronics classes but it is easily disabled. I run no-box on Fridays, it is legal in that class and I run footbrake on saturdays, it's not legal in that.

There are a lot of videos on youtube of it if you haven't looked.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't have helped with the clutch issue bit I think it does help save synchros.

No faster but a lot more consistent. It was a little extra insurance that I'd hit the gears.
It will be illegal in no electronics classes but it is easily disabled. I run no-box on Fridays, it is legal in that class and I run footbrake on saturdays, it's not legal in that.

There are a lot of videos on youtube of it if you haven't looked.

Apprec. to hear how it applies to classes.

Insurance when not at the track, saving synchros; worth it right there.

:thumb:

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
You guys have piqued my interest with this WOT box. I have the TR6060 as well. Think I will hit up Tom about it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back