Got bored, took pics, advice welcome

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Raining sleet in Muskogee, OK…got bored lol! Won’t really go into a lot of detail on each pic, looking for install tips on what you see if you have any. Bought most of the stuff with just a weekend cruiser to dinner & movie in mind. Was pretty hard to sort it all out, boxes every where, tried to get related parts in same pic.

upload_2023-1-30_18-46-52.jpeg
BMR, did 11-14 UCA & bracket (they said it’d fit?), Eibach’s Prokit (scared to do Sportlines with turbo piping)

upload_2023-1-30_18-50-1.jpeg
SR struts & shocks, FRPP wheel bearings, front & rear brake lines, other stuffs Detroit Axle (kinda scared of quality)

upload_2023-1-30_18-53-59.jpeg
Melling oil pump, stage 1 turbo cams,

upload_2023-1-30_18-56-0.jpeg
Boost-fuel-oil pressure gauge, FIC 1000, SCT BA 5000, E2 boost controller, Gen V 45mm wastegate

upload_2023-1-30_18-59-26.jpeg
BBK fuel rails (pretty plain looking imo), BBK throttle body (I’ve heard bad about these, anyone have problems with them?), ARP head studs

MrBhp

Reaction score
I'm anxious to see how the On3 piping works with that. It couldn't possibly be worse than it is with the stock k-member and control arms. You're going to have a lot more room I would think.

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Start, middle, current. I’m thinking about dropping it on the kmember. Want to drop it with motor, tranny, & manifolds still attached…but never done it that way, always used a picker, kinda scared to try and balance the whole thing coming down!! 1 jack, 2 jacks, 3 jacks, more?
upload_2023-1-30_19-56-51.jpeg
upload_2023-1-30_19-57-17.jpeg
upload_2023-1-30_19-57-45.jpeg

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
I'm anxious to see how the On3 piping works with that. It couldn't possibly be worse than it is with the stock k-member and control arms. You're going to have a lot more room I would think.
Im reeeeally hoping so!! I prob wouldn’t have done the On3 if I wasn’t gonna swap suspension stuff. The tight fit still scares me, I can’t do any kind of fab work. I also wanted a lower car but went Prokit outta fear. Twin screw is what I wanted but pros & cons lead me to turbo setup. I hate the turbo swoosh sound honestly

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Can i get bored like that, especially my wallet :clap::clap::clap:?
hahaha…yeah about 2yrs ago I decided to get a car to play with. Debate was a 11-14 5.0 or 3V…decided on 3V. Then it was a cleaner GT, then Roush clone, or the beat up true Roush I got. I picked up a few parts here and there, then when finances lined out I hit the bank for $25k to mod. I was hoping to do paint & wheels/tires but I’m not even gonna come close lol! Have $4k left and have motor & tranny to rebuild with that. Money went FAST!!! I’m hoping to get motor, tranny, suspension, interior, sound system all done then in 3yrs drop about $15k on paint & wheels/tires.

Hoping to end up with pretty nice 650rwhp Roush for about $40K!

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
I mean…I wouldn’t be shocked! Ordering stuff wasn’t nearly as fun as I thought…pretty stressful actually. Prices are as painful as stubbing your toe, then finding the best prices and keeping track of the websites you find them at is a headache. MMR was terrible to deal with, On3 wasn’t much better. LMR, American Muscle, and CJ Pony parts were great with fast shipping but they are like roaches in my email and text….by the end of the day I’ll have 5 junk emails from each.

My plan is to gather up exterior trim, emblems, lights, bla bla…..then when I do paint I’ll completely strip it from all trim pieces, lights, etc, have it painted then put all new pieces on. Prob put new glass all the way around it

07 Boss

Reaction score
Start, middle, current. I’m thinking about dropping it on the kmember. Want to drop it with motor, tranny, & manifolds still attached…but never done it that way, always used a picker, kinda scared to try and balance the whole thing coming down!! 1 jack, 2 jacks, 3 jacks, more?

Only time I dropped the whole K-member with the engine and tranny we had it on the ground, unhooked everything, lifted the car and rolled it out.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Raining sleet in Muskogee, OK…got bored lol! Won’t really go into a lot of detail on each pic, looking for install tips on what you see if you have any. Bought most of the stuff with just a weekend cruiser to dinner & movie in mind. Was pretty hard to sort it all out, boxes every where, tried to get related parts in same pic.

View attachment 85471
BBK fuel rails (pretty plain looking imo), BBK throttle body (I’ve heard bad about these, anyone have problems with them?), ARP head studs

Personally I would send the BBK back and get the FRPP one. Also I see a new water pump. I'm a strong advocate of going electric here. Many advantages and little downside.

And which seats were those. I like them. I have corbeaus in my car but I really like those. Great choice.

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Personally I would send the BBK back and get the FRPP one. Also I see a new water pump. I'm a strong advocate of going electric here. Many advantages and little downside.

And which seats were those. I like them. I have corbeaus in my car but I really like those. Great choice.
What is it about the BBK or FRPP that’d make you do the swap? Not trying to argue, just trying to foresee problems before they happen ya know! The electric water pump never crossed my mind on this car but I did research it on my 02. Guess cost is main reason I don’t do it now. I’d also be worried about the electrical drain on this setup. Have a pretty good stereo system installed, 3 amps, and plan to run lights when I want them. I still haven’t ordered an alternator bcz I dunno which one will support setup. Been researching adding a 2nd batt or super capacitor….but dunno if that’s even necessary!

Yeah I really like the seats and thanks!!! Can’t wait to see them in there
upload_2023-1-31_11-26-22.png

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back