Gotta love Ebay!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Jeremy for showing me the slicks for sale, I am 99.9% sure it was an American Muscle ad but I picked up a set of brand new MT 29.5x10.5.15 slicks for one heck of a price!

I am using the MT ET streets that are 28.5x10.5x15, not much of a difference in the pics but the new ones are the L8 compound that claim they do not need much if any of a burnout.

Anyone need some gently used ET streets?

This auction is for a set of 2 Mickey Thompson ET Drag Slick - 29.5 x 10.5-15
CONDITION: These tires were mounted onto wheels, but immediately de-mounted because they would not fit the customer's application.
Product Features
  • Drag strip slick
  • Soft, general race use compound
  • Requires little to no burnout
  • Consistent, race-proven performance
  • For use on rear wheels only!
M/T Drag Slick. For the no-compromise racer, Mickey Thompson's ET Drag Slick is a pure drag race tire that delivers maximum traction and consistent ET's with its superior construction and compound. Combined with Mickey Thompson ET Front tires, this specialized tire requires little to no burnout and will deliver run after run, launching your Mustang straighter and getting it down the track faster than you ever thought possible.

Race Compound. This pure race compound is designed for maximum performance and track use only. Please note that this super soft and flexible compound will wear much more quickly than tread compounds designed for regular street tire compounds.

Treadless Slick. For absolute maximum traction on the strip, the Mickey Thompson Drag Slicks feature a treadless "slick" design for dry traction. (Not recommended for wet track use.)

Features:
  • Treadless slick surface
  • Soft "L8" Drag compound
  • Rounded sidewall for maximum contact surface
  • Recommended for use with Mickey Thompson tube 9555 (not required)
NOTE: These are NOT DOT approved tires. They are intended for race use only, and should not be used on the street. They are designed to be used on the drive wheels only of your car during the summer and warm temperature months. For track or drag use in colder temperatures, we recommend that they be appropriately "warmed up" before each run.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is; not a whole lot of difference between the two but I am thinking once it gets mounted I will be able to tell the difference.

I have to use a 1/4 spacer to keep the tire from rubbing the shock.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You have to look at the specs and aspect ratio's these tires arent as tall as they seem. My 28x10.5x15 et streets are only a tad over 27" tall.

Greg, new tire shouldnt need the spacer anymore hopefully. Its a 10.5 vice a 12.5 width you had, although widths are going to be similiar bc you cant always go off that. lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back