GT engine cover

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Agreed, terribly ugly. I pulled it off the '15 GT at our dealership and think it's the same four ball fasteners that are on my '14 GT.

Sent from SYNC in my '14 Mustang GT...

claudermilk

Reaction score
That is one definite downgrade. I've only seen pics, but it looks half-assed and cheesy compared to the 11-14 piece. It's a stupid, insignificant aesthetic piece, but why screw it up?

MELLOWYELLOW06

forum member
Reaction score
20141107_185131_zps163f32d1.jpg

putting this one on mine

claudermilk

Reaction score
That CF helps, but the older one does still look better. I'd probably try swapping to an 11-14 one myself. I would keep one on as it does hide the messy-looking wire harness & coolant hoses running down the heads; on the whole I think Ford did a good job with it--hide the ugly and leave most of the actual engine visible.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That CF helps, but the older one does still look better. I'd probably try swapping to an 11-14 one myself. I would keep one on as it does hide the messy-looking wire harness & coolant hoses running down the heads; on the whole I think Ford did a good job with it--hide the ugly and leave most of the actual engine visible.

If you want to see ugly check out the 4 cyl EB!

claudermilk

Reaction score
Yep, uncovered those are really ugly. I have one in the other family car (2.0 EB Fusion). There is no desire to remove the big cover over almost the whole engine. In that case it's definitely function > form.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I must be the only one that likes it. I think the 11-14 engine cover is stupid ugly. It's still on my car because I tried to make it look better with some pain and I don't like seeing the fuel rails.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back