Gt Takeoff Suspension vs stock 4.0 suspension

JStang

JStang
Reaction score
So the V6 pony package had GT rims, tires, and suspension parts, right?

Ok, so Newtakeoff.com has GT front and rear convertible sway bars, shocks, springs, etc. And, I know someday I'll need new shocks anyway.

Are the gt parts that much better, handling wise, than the v6 suspension parts? I'd like an upgrade but I can't see dropping a grand on a roush kit, for a daily driver.

Opinions please!

J.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
The GT front springs are different, the rears are the same.
Parts for coupes are different than convertibles as well.

Generally, if you already have a rear sway bar, you're fine. If you dont have a rear bar, get one! But, stick to coupe parts if you have a coupe.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
If you're going to go through the trouble of switching shocks, springs, sway bars, and maybe LCAs, and UCA later on down the road, buy aftermarket and do it right the first time. Unless the GT stuff is free and you don't plan on upgrading, stick with stock til you got a few bucks for aftermarket stuff. :thumb:

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
If you're going to go through the trouble of switching shocks, springs, sway bars, and maybe LCAs, and UCA later on down the road, buy aftermarket and do it right the first time. Unless the GT stuff is free and you don't plan on upgrading, stick with stock til you got a few bucks for aftermarket stuff. :thumb:

good advice, the Pony pkg parts have a 2mm smaller than the GT sway bar in front. The shocks are the same and aren't that good to begin with. Save your dough for some good shocks/struts. If/when you get to the point where your suspension is limiting your corner speeds, think about making a switch.

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
2010-2011 suspension pieces are starting to filter into the market, if you want to stay with a stock style setup then this is what you want. The 2010+ setups are far superior to the 2005-2009. You can usually pick up and entire setup. springs, struts, sways for the price of a set of lowering springs.

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score

agreed.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back