GT500 build / continuation

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
The ones from Americanmuscle clear to my buddy has them on his 5.0. Nice build man car looks great

CobraLife07

forum member
Reaction score
very nice. I will be doing a build thread also for mine, but will be a curvy track beater lol the FR3 is also in my sights or griggs. rather go griggs but a little too pricey :/

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Griggs is more expensive, but they have made they're name off their products! They have a video of a NA mustang GT keeping up with Porsches and Vettes on a road course.

I have the FR3 because it was already on the car when I bought it. Don't get me wrong, it's a good kit, but definitely room for improvement. Also, the lowering threw of my caster/camber and is causing the insides of my front wheels to wear WAY quicker than the outside... So I'm putting on C/C plates to fix it, and eventually getting the BMR A-arms that are set up for lowered cars.

Either way I look toward to your thread!

Synister500

Reaction score
Well mine will wait till spring for the dyno and numbers. I got to spend all weekend at the track with Chris Jones. This setup was a pain to tune. I'm bumping up to the 3.0 pulley. My headers really pulled the boost down. My fastest time was 12.3 but trapping 125 lol.

BJ

Last edited:

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Well mine will wait till spring for the dyno and numbers. I got to spend all weekend at the track with Chris Jones. This setup was a pain to tune. I'm bumping up to the 3.0 pulley. My headers really pulled the boost down. My fastest time was 12.3 but trapping 125 lol.

BJ

Wow, nice speed! PB so far is 11.5 at 121 with stock blower and 2.59" pulley and email tune from VMP with 3.73's. Time to bring that time down! lol!

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks...actually just picked up an aluminum DS as well. Wasn't planning to, but a deal fell into my lap I could refuse. A guy out here has a GT500 which he upgrade with almost all the Super Snake mods. Well, he finally burnt out 2nd gear in his tranny (he needs a driver mods too) and, because of his age, decided to go auto instead of rebuild. Threw in a 4R70, which requires a different DS. Picked his up for $450. Pics soon...

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking good Adam!!

I think you'd really like the add hp and sound difference the LT's will give you. I love mine and the car sounds totally different!!

RH

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
I think I would definately enjoy the sound difference...as for HP, I'm at a point where I'm not too worried about going up much more. I figure with what the AL DS freed up, some cool air, and w/o 1000% humidity I'm probably slightly over 700rwhp. Eventually I'd like LTs and cams...that'll put me around 750 (conservatively tuned). That's about as comfortable as I go on a stock bottom end.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back