GT500 fuel pumps & fpdm question

forum member
Reaction score
Will the GT500 pumps fit on a stock 2007 GT fuel hat with no modifications?
Also can I get at least one pump running on the stock fpdm setup? Or is it an all or nothing deal?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Will the GT500 pumps fit on a stock 2007 GT fuel hat with no modifications?

No, they will not fit with no modifications. They will fit when you modify the holder, plumbing, pump outputs and wiring.

Also can I get at least one pump running on the stock fpdm setup? Or is it an all or nothing deal?

Not exactly sure what your asking, but the fpdm is capable of running a single pump or pumps up to 30amps. As current draw goes up its important to upgrade wiring. 2 gt500 pumps pull about 20amps at 100% duty cycle.

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Thanks Bruce. So if Im understanding right, no modifications are needed on the electrical side (besides a wiring upgrade) and I can run this on the stock fpdm?

For some reason I thought Ill need a fpdm for each fuel pump to make this work.

Jeremy answered your question afaik. He would be the guy to ask about specifics. I do know that members of this site have run dual pumps on one fpdm. It's also how a few of the supercharger kits solve the need for extra fuel. They throw a 255 pump piggyback with the stock assembly and run with one fpdm.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ford overbuilt the design for the gt500 system based on their previous experience with older svt cobra dual pump setups using the pre-2004 fpdm that had issues running 2 pumps with out modifying the coil inside. The 3v fpdm is much more robust and is capable of driving up to two 255lph pumps up to 30amps and has thermal shutdown protection for the circuit. Having a dedicated driver module for each pump is of course more efficient power wise.

The frpp/gt500 dual fuel pump hat has a different connector and requires a dual fpdm harness and second fpdm to run. The work around to save $ is modifying a stock GT hat with 2 pumps and then upgrading the wiring to the single oem fpdm.

What are you trying to build/what kind of power are you looking to support?

Last edited:

forum member
Reaction score
Ford overbuilt the design for the gt500 system based on their previous experience with older svt cobra dual pump setups using the pre-2004 fpdm that had issues running 2 pumps with out modifying the coil inside. The 3v fpdm is much more robust and is capable of driving up to two 255lph pumps up to 30amps and has thermal shutdown protection for the circuit. Having a dedicated driver module for each pump is of course more efficient power wise.

The frpp/gt500 dual fuel pump hat has a different connector and requires a dual fpdm harness and second fpdm to run. The work around to save $ is modifying a stock GT hat with 2 pumps and then upgrading the wiring to the single oem fpdm.

What are you trying to build/what kind of power are you looking to support?
My final power goal is 600-650whp on pump gas but I would like it to be capable of 700whp so I have room to grow. I got the GT500 pumps and a set of 60lb injectors from forum members and Im trying to make it work on the stock fpdm setup. But I wasnt sure if the stock fpdm can run both pumps.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is that just the gt500 pumps by themselves or the hat?

650rwhp is a good goal for 2 gt500 pumps and 60lbers. That's where I was on a similar setup 655rwhp with 2 ford gt supercar pump in a stock hat, wire upgrade and 60s. Anymore than that and you may want a bap and bigger injectors. 60s will do 700rwhp but your on the edge at the point and its always good to have some wiggle room up top on your setup. If you need pointers on how to install the pumps and what parts to use shoot me a message I have built quite a few.

Last edited:

forum member
Reaction score
Its the pumps by themselves. The seller told me its a direct swap into the stock GT hat but I dont think that's the case. I currently have a BAP wired into the stock system so I can keep that in for the extra wiggle room.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back