GT550-S197 Coyote Supercharger Kits Are Here!

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Ok......so I have a few questions. I have a very early 2011 with a 2.3 Whipple on it already, and timing cover modified. I've been wanting to upgrade to a 2.9. So my first option would be to just buy a 2.9 head unit. I enjoy the idea of your because of the improved intercooler,etc. My question is if I buy yours, what rib belt? Can I get this with a 2.9? I'm guessing it would have to be a gt500 2.9? Thanks in advance.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Ok......so I have a few questions. I have a very early 2011 with a 2.3 Whipple on it already, and timing cover modified. I've been wanting to upgrade to a 2.9. So my first option would be to just buy a 2.9 head unit. I enjoy the idea of your because of the improved intercooler,etc. My question is if I buy yours, what rib belt? Can I get this with a 2.9? I'm guessing it would have to be a gt500 2.9? Thanks in advance.

On my to do list is to find someone who wants to do a “big” blower on one of these so I can get a good combo all dialed in.

To answer your questions:

-Yes, you can get it with a 2.9L Whipple. I can supply it.

-Yes, it would be a GT500 2.9L Whipple.

-The belt situation is what I want to work on the most. Well, it will require the most attention. Clearly a 6 rib won’t cut it. A 8 rib probably will. It’s only a 80” belt so it doesn’t stretch a lot and we have a REALLY GOOD tensioner setup on it. The Termi guys get away with a 8 rib, I don’t see why we can’t. That will require a quality balancer (which is a good idea anyway) with 8 ribs. A 8 rib A/C compressor pulley and either shims/pulleys for everything on the “front” belt. Maybe. We may be able to stuff the 8 rib behind the front 6 rib without moving it out. Not really your problem, that’s ours to solve.

We could go 10rib too………………

I have some questions for you:

-What is your HP goal?

-What do you have for a fuel system now? Pumps? How much power is it supposed to support? What injectors? What length injectors? Aftermarket rails? E85 right?

-Motor is forged right?

-What compression ratio?

I would like to put up some big numbers. Because when it comes to advertising people love big numbers, LOL! I’m thinking at least while testing we stretch you fuel system out all the way and see what it makes.

Thanks

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
On my to do list is to find someone who wants to do a “big” blower on one of these so I can get a good combo all dialed in.

To answer your questions:

-Yes, you can get it with a 2.9L Whipple. I can supply it.

-Yes, it would be a GT500 2.9L Whipple.

-The belt situation is what I want to work on the most. Well, it will require the most attention. Clearly a 6 rib won’t cut it. A 8 rib probably will. It’s only a 80” belt so it doesn’t stretch a lot and we have a REALLY GOOD tensioner setup on it. The Termi guys get away with a 8 rib, I don’t see why we can’t. That will require a quality balancer (which is a good idea anyway) with 8 ribs. A 8 rib A/C compressor pulley and either shims/pulleys for everything on the “front” belt. Maybe. We may be able to stuff the 8 rib behind the front 6 rib without moving it out. Not really your problem, that’s ours to solve.

We could go 10rib too………………

I have some questions for you:

-What is your HP goal? Bazillion

-What do you have for a fuel system now? Pumps? How much power is it supposed to support? What injectors? What length injectors? Aftermarket rails? E85 right? Id1000s and bap but I will upgrade.

-Motor is forged right? Yes

-What compression ratio? 11:1

I would like to put up some big numbers. Because when it comes to advertising people love big numbers, LOL! I’m thinking at least while testing we stretch you fuel system out all the way and see what it makes.

Thanks

I answered.

1quick08

Reaction score
:smiley-face-popcorn Cant wait to see the results,and since your in NJ,i might see them in person :headbang:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back