Gurus: Street Drag Tire Size Help Needed

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you want an aggressive handling tire then you don't want a DR. DR's are designed to go straight, not around corners.

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
I'm going to step back and re evaluate my direction. I appreciate the help of the sticky in this forum's section along with the feedback I received. Tires were something I wanted to look into and learning the sizing was important. Appreciated all the help, will post up pictures when I make a decision of the direction and final result.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
If you want an aggressive handling tire then you don't want a DR. DR's are designed to go straight, not around corners.

This. Sidewalls on DR's are too soft for flying around corners. You may as well get something like MPSS on all 4 x corners. Then perhaps a dedicated pair of rears /rims... for strip use.

Last edited:

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
I think that's exactly what I'm going to do. And now with English town closing, track time would be none existent probably. I really like the description and reviews on the toyo R888's. Pretty sweet. They any good?

It also makes more sense that if I want drags so not be so insistent on putting them on 18's. I can get a cheap drag wheel and tire setup for less than the price of those drags at that size.

Thanks again!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back