H&R RSS for SCCA ESP build

ResoundingYes

Reaction score
I called H&R yesterday and the guy told me the fronts are mono tubes and the rears are twin tube.

Yeah....those rear spring rates...seems like it's a generic eye-pin coilover, and not something specifically designed for a mustang. 470# rears will be 940# rears when in bump.

I think I've learned that the right set of mono-tubes can't currently be had for under $2k. The right set is: rebound adjustable, ride-height adjustable, and valved for the springs that are right for my tires. This is not the H&Rs.

I think the right set of twin tubes could be had for that price, but I'll wait to see where Vorshlag land (price, availability) with the modified Bilsteins.

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
. Supposedly H&R tested this kit with monotubes but couldn't get the rear dampening set to where the ride quality was tolerable. They went with twin-tubes for more compliant dampening.

That doesn't even make sense.

DevGittinJr

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
That doesn't even make sense.

I paraphrased and probably said it wrong, but the point was that they could get better street manners out of the twin-tubes. I thought it was exactly backwards, but didn't argue.

Edit: I called H&R back for a better explanation. Really long story, short. The guy that told us the twin tube thing was wrong. They are monotubes front and rear.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back